RIU MAMBO

L

Lisa

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone has stayed at Riu Mambo? My husband and I are going there at the end of the week. I have seen good reviews on the net but have not seen many responses from individuals who have been there? Any comments or reviews would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

G

Garry

Hi Lisa! Debbie and I will be there at the same time. We are staying at the RIU MERENGUE which is on the same property. All the facilities are shared. You can find reviews from people that have stayed at these resorts at the following link --- http://www.computan.on.ca/~pdowney/travel2.html Have fun!!! Maybe we will bump into each other!! Hasta Luego

B

Becky

Hi! We've stayed at the Riu Merengue twice next door & toured the Riu Mambo when it was just finished---last winter---it looked very nice, the pool & the dining room, although we didn't see the rooms. The disco is between the two resorts & shared by both. It the Riu Merengue is any indication, you will love the resort & your holiday. The snokelling is quite good right off the beach. Don't forget to walk over the hill to the bay where Riu has their water sports area---there is a bar there & all the equipment is free except for the jet ski. It's a very pleasant place to sit with a cool drink. Take the shuttle bus (get to the bus a bit early as it fills quickly & only holds 12 people) into town & hire a private guide---we really enjoyed our 5 hours with our guide---he spoke excellent english & took us on a tour of the town & we learned alot from him. Yes, he takes you to the tourist shops/traps, but Puerto Plata is not a small place & I doubt if we could have easily found our way around without wasting alot of beach/sun time looking.