Bachata teacher in La Romana/Santo Domingo...

Sueco

Aug 11, 2011
Helloes!
Im tired of the asslifting bachata going on here in sweden, i thought i knew some bachata but now i want to get real.
I had a dominicano (residing in US) visiting in stockholm, what this guy did on the dancefloor made you wanna step off and watch him doing the magic with his ladies.
Im about to spend another couple of month in RD, and i really want to learn some bachata dominicana, the one with less turns but with an amazing footwork (in the style of troy and jorjet, yeah).
Im gonna spend the most of my time in la romana, but also a few weeks in santo domingo.

Any1 know of any good teacher to get in touch with?

Last edited by a moderator:

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Because I have a soft spot in my heart for Swedes, I'll ask my Dominican friends in La Romana if they know someone. If I find a contact I'll pm it to you.

Sueco

Aug 11, 2011
Because I have a soft spot in my heart for Swedes, I'll ask my Dominican friends in La Romana if they know someone. If I find a contact I'll pm it to you.

Appreciated :) i asked around a bit, but i guess i dont have too many contacts in la romana for finding an instructor...
I went to the salsaclasses near jumbo, but that right-footed dancing messed me up. I enjoyed it tho, the teacher is a funny guy, i forgot to ask him bout the bachata before i left RD...

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Hmmm, bachata is the most simple dance that I've ever come across other then the pogo. Any thing inbetween is freestyling and as far as I know freestyling is not something someone would teach (although they will gladly take your money from you for sure). Once you keep your count then the rest comes from within your own mind, talent, just go for it but keep the count and try to read your partner, I wouldn't waste money or effort on lessons for such a simple dance, unless you are a complete clown!
Good luck though!

Sueco

Aug 11, 2011
Hmmm, bachata is the most simple dance that I've ever come across other then the pogo. Any thing inbetween is freestyling and as far as I know freestyling is not something someone would teach (although they will gladly take your money from you for sure). Once you keep your count then the rest comes from within your own mind, talent, just go for it but keep the count and try to read your partner, I wouldn't waste money or effort on lessons for such a simple dance, unless you are a complete clown!
Good luck though!

Interesting point of view anastacio, i see what you mean.
Bachata or any latin music is not something swedish people dance to, we hardly dance at all.
Which makes it hard to get freestyling', so to get some traditional steps and hints to the repertoire would be very useful in order to let loose.
I do dance bachata as the majority of "swe" bachatadancers , and im doing ok in RD, but i do not like how the style looks.
I discovered the traditional style (if it is), from my NY friend, i have only seen it before from another moreno in la romana and a haitian in SD...actually almost no dominicanos ive been hanging with dance it that way, but i think it looks amazing.

So i think this clown could use a lesson or two to begin with!