Lousy Santo Domingo Google Earth Images

Lucian

Jan 25, 2008
Aerial photos of a large section of Santo Domingo have been recently updated in Google Earth. However, the new photos are of poor quality and appear to be overexposed. I would like to compalin to Google Earth and ask them to replace the photos with better ones or reinstate the previous photos. The problem is that I do not know how to contact Google Earth. Help! Please provide a Google Earth contact email if you know it.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Aerial photos of a large section of Santo Domingo have been recently updated in Google Earth. However, the new photos are of poor quality and appear to be overexposed. I would like to compalin to Google Earth and ask them to replace the photos with better ones or reinstate the previous photos. The problem is that I do not know how to contact Google Earth. Help! Please provide a Google Earth contact email if you know it.

I agree, those are bad. You CAN see some of the older photos. On the bottom of the Google Earth screen you will see the Imagery Date: 2/24/2010, then a clock and a box with 2001 in it. (I'm looking at the Zon Colonial as I'm writing this.) Click on the box with the 2001 in it. The image will change to the 2001 photo. A slide bar appears in the upper left side of the screen and you can advance the photos up to 2006 being the last ones before these new ones from 2010.

It is interesting to see the changes in areas over the years.

Good luck in contacting Google Earth.

Gregory Wales

Mar 7, 2002
www.mhhp.org
Thanks for explaining how to change the date of the imagery viewed!

Thanks for explaining how to change the date of the imagery viewed!
I didn't know that and it really helps when studying an area.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
New photos.... great..... our house is there !!!

There is a Google VP who lives nearby..... his photos are crystal sharp...... they can really juice up the satellite

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Google Earth imagery comes from a variety of sources. The better quality images are probably taken by airplanes, not satellites.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Santo Domingo is not the only place updated. Every major city/town is now updated, including Puerto Plata and Sosua, Higuey, San Francisco, Bonao, etc.