New to Santiago? Dogs for Dentists!!!!

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
I have been noticing several new immigrants to Santiago. If you would care to business & social network with other expats while doing good deeds volunteer at the orphanage Hogar Emiliano Tardiff. You do not have to expend any money but just a few hours a month would be a great help. We were able to exchange the services of two Dentists yesterday for some Level 1 dog training. They are going to lecture on oral hygiene and accept the kids as pro bono patients.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I know that I will get plenty of dislikes for what I am about to wrote but 1.) I don't care and 2.) I wouldn't be me if I didn't say what I think.....

I think that what you are doing is great. More people like you are needed in Santiago and many other places. But.....
Do you feel that it is necessary to start a New thread everytime you want to ask for something or tell us something about the orphanage?? Most of us will usually just bump an old thread if it is pertaining to the sane topic. Hope you don't get upset, I just noticed that you will start a new thread to tell us about a birthday party at the orphanage, or about how the veggies grew in the garden, or to ask for volunteers....I just think that you will get more interest in keeping one thread going where people can see all of your work in one place.

But again, if you like 10 threads all on the same thing then.......by all means.....sigue

SHALENA

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Ok Mam thanks for the advice. I am not very educated like you so I just try and say what is going on. The Kids were ballistictally happy today with the Clown. games, prizes. popcorn, gifts, ice cream. cake DJ etc. I am pretty sure that is a good thing. Sorry if I offended anyone. I purposely do not ask anyone for money as it taints the spririt. Oh by the way I do not understand what bump means.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
A "bump" is just when you open up an old thread if it is about the same topic you want to address. For example if I was looking for a house in Santiago and there is an old thread about living in Santiago, I could just bring back that old thread and ask my question, it will usually start a new discussion without having to start a new thread. You can give us all of the info about the kids on the very first thread you started, even if its been dead for months.....just "bump" it!!! :)

SHALENA

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
How about the mods getting together and bundling the posts under Hogar Emiliano Tardiff? That way any new posts will show up under "New Posts" and all this really fine work will be there...
After all there are over a thousand post on the Recession of 2008....

Gonna see about this.

HB