Need a new drink to sup on, any suggestions?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I'm bloated after 4 beers these days, can't stomach Santo or Cuba's any more, I'm done with rum! I enjoy whiskey but quality and quantity leave me empty pocketed and broken minded in the morning.
I would like a new something to sup on, light on the gut and throat, but mellow on the mind.
Suggestions please!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Vodka and Soda, splash of Gramberry....911 (Redbull) if you wanna pick me up!

Barcelo Platino the same way is nice as well.

***Cheap Vodka will give you a bad hangover...Good Vodka you will be crisp in the AM

tambo'

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You're on your way to being a wino...... just have wine for a bit

Rose is very fashionable.... light, tastes good and easy on the tummy.
I mix my own.... red + white

Scotch and milk will stop the sour stomach.... or rum and milk...

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
OKay, I'm going to give your suggestion a trial tonight, as soon as I can get out (nipper has gone to sleep), see if I can stomach it, even better enjoy it. I have drank Vodka/Cranberry before, not so long ago infact, blue label Absolute if I remember correctly. Seems the best of what I can find here. No Smirnoff on the shelves. From what I can remember though, I can't remember that much. But I'll give it another go, a relaxing Sunday night in the Colmado might be different to the music bar down town. Certainly an issue when you are wanting to sit and watch the evening pass by but are unable to enjoy the drinks that go with it.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Vodka and Soda, splash of Gramberry....911 (Redbull) if you wanna pick me up!

Barcelo Platino the same way is nice as well.

***Cheap Vodka will give you a bad hangover...Good Vodka you will be crisp in the AM

tambo'

Tambo is me re-incarnated.

Yep, I dislike beer for the same reason. :)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
You're on your way to being a wino...... just have wine for a bit

Rose is very fashionable.... light, tastes good and easy on the tummy.
I mix my own.... red + white

I went through 2 bottles of rose last Sunday in about 2 hours, it doesn't taste enough of liquor and so my alcoholometer just registers juice and it doesn't touch the sides. Quite immature I know, but what can I say, it's nice stuff, the California Rose is very nice indeed.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
No rum. Why? Whats your experience?

About 1000 gallons over a 7 year period, I can't even smell the stuff these days without wretching. Can't handle it any more, I am sure it is responsible for my lack of long term memory.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I went through 2 bottles of rose last Sunday in about 2 hours, it doesn't taste enough of liquor and so my alcoholometer just registers juice and it doesn't touch the sides. Quite immature I know, but what can I say, it's nice stuff, the California Rose is very nice indeed.

Take the Rose and fortify it w/ some red wine !!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I'm bloated after 4 beers these days, can't stomach Santo or Cuba's any more, I'm done with rum! I enjoy whiskey but quality and quantity leave me empty pocketed and broken minded in the morning.
I would like a new something to sup on, light on the gut and throat, but mellow on the mind.
Suggestions please!!

WHEN ARE YOU LEAVING THE COUNTRY? YOU PROMISED. I CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF YOUR MORON POSTS and threads.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
WHEN ARE YOU LEAVING THE COUNTRY? YOU PROMISED. I CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF YOUR MORON POSTS and threads.

I am leaving in good time, when I am ready to re enter the world outside, and my dog can legally leave with me, rebirth is a stressful thing Ringo, You should know this being such a C--- n all!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sandeman Port,and a big "Maduro"!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jeviduty

Jul 1, 2011
I respect your point.

I still find it hard to believe anyone can get tired of a good barcelo gran anejo with 7up or coke, with some lime. Maybe you should try some barcelo imperial on the rocks?

Just suggesting b/c you didnt mention brands....and barcelo is way better than brugal.

cheers

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not really drink alcohol but i have a new drink i take to farmacia every day. i took a suggestion from my worker for a tea to fix post-op pains and stomach problems: anis de estrella, flor de tilo, flor de manzana and alhucema. taste as gross as it sounds :) i call it rompe culo as it has a side effect of calming the gases by letting them out :) :laugh: