Mr. Lu - Kickstarter Campaign - Documentary Film

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
To the dr1 family who have supported me in the past, I ask for your support once again. I am trying to complete a documentary on Street Art in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and I am in the final stages of gathering funds. The initial support has been strong, and with your help I can make this project a reality.

The plan is to film a documentary about the artists who create some of the most amazing murals in, and around Rio de Janeiro, as well as it's most notorious favela: Rocinha. For those that think Street Art are just scribbles on a wall, many of these artists are commissioned by city governments to beautify neighborhood walls, with each mural a story about that community, and that artist. My goal is to capture these stories on film, and in a complete photo catalogue with name, location and artist name of many of these pieces of Street Art. The Documentary will also lok deep into Rio de Janeiro's burgeoning street culture and it's influences on Carioca life.

I am running the fundraiser through Kickstarter, and all or nothing fund raising platform. This means that I either get reach my stated goal of $3,500 or I get none of the funds raised!

Sponsors will have access to a series of rewards, and be a part of making this awesome project a reality. Anyone who donates $300 or more can have their name, or a message, painted by one of these artists, on a wall in Rio de Janeiro! Also, sponsors have the option for receiving "Executive Producer" credits on the documentary.

For more information, click on this link, and watch the Video Promo.

Kickstarter - Lu Olivero Campaign - AEROSOuL CARIOCA: A Journey Through Rio's Graffiti Culture

Much appreciated for your time, and support!

Lu