DJ and photographer

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
HB had recommended a photographer for me but he gave me a quote of $2000 and half of that is the going rate in the USA, I have no idea about the DR. I got a contact for a bilingual DJ from Camp David but I also got no response from this person.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What do you expect, Trainman? You are a gringo, looking for a photographer to take your wedding pictures, produce a video, I suppose and make it nice? Martin Rodriguez does the society weddings. Ask around and see if you can find better prices...I hope you do.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
What do you expect, Trainman? You are a gringo, looking for a photographer to take your wedding pictures, produce a video, I suppose and make it nice? Martin Rodriguez does the society weddings. Ask around and see if you can find better prices...I hope you do.

I second that! I know of the Rodriguez photography business. The best of the best in Santiago even perhaps on the entire island. As a professional photographer myself this rate is GREAT! Specially for their fantastic service.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
bilingual DJ ?????

Well I could say something fun but I won't. You do need a bilingual DJ to announce things during the evening or even introduce the bride, groom and wedding party. When my daughter got married we had one that spoke Italian and English even though we all live in Canada. ;)

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
HB had recommended a photographer for me but he gave me a quote of $2000 and half of that is the going rate in the USA, I have no idea about the DR. I got a contact for a bilingual DJ from Camp David but I also got no response from this person.

I had a friend and she brought a photographer with her to the states. They did the wedding at a resort so the transportation costs werent that bad.

The video was part of the package done at resort.

I have another friend that did the resort package thing for both video and photography. She is dominican and isnt very wealthy so the prices couldnt have been too outrageous.

dcblue

Jul 21, 2008
I'm not sure where you live in the U.S. but $1,000 is no where near the going rate for a wedding photography package. If you want true professional wedding photography, there's a lot more to it than simply showing up and shooting. Hours spent processing to enhance photos, retouch, overhead and equipment costs etc. And the equipment costs are even more in the DR because of import taxes.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
This guy is apparently the best and like all such things in the DR you will be expected to pay through the nose. If you don't have to find the best I'm sure that you can find someone for half the price with more than sufficient quality and volume for you. Santiago is full of photographers so save the money and buy your wife a 6 mo. anniversary gift of the same amount.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'm sure this person is very good, especially if HB recommended him :) but if you knew what the DR's top wedding photographers really charged you would burst a blood vessel.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm sure this person is very good, especially if HB recommended him :) but if you knew what the DR's top wedding photographers really charged you would burst a blood vessel.

Trainman, Chiri knows her stuff about this - her husband is a phenomenal photographer....

Our daughter got married 6 years ago and we paid many thousands of dollars, without a video, in NJ. I'm sure that the prices have only gone up since then. $2,000 is NOT a lot of money anywhere, especially for a top-notch photographer.

AE

Anjinsen

Banned
Jul 24, 2011
I am surprised that photography is so expensive ....I mean they dont even have to print them off for approval these days as everything is on computer. It must save on photographic paper

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I found one that i like but havn't heard back from them yet, the "F3 studio" people. BTW I can't reply to PM's for some reason. The site says I have too many in my inbox even though I have deleted enough.