Education.. Prueba Nacional

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
I know in prueba nacional prep courses they use past exams to help prepare the students (at least where I teach this is what happened), so I can't imagine this would be considered cheating. Now, where to find one, I'm not sure...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Here Is A Copy Of The "PrueVa National" My SonTook Last Year.

1. Cual es su nonbre?
2.Eres Varon o Embra?
3.2 mas 2 = ????
4. Quieres ir por su casa ahora ???

He,"Quemo" (Failed) !!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jul 4, 2010
It's no hidden secret that the Pruebas Nacionales are a farce. Most schools and teachers help their own students cheat, by helping them with the answers. Statistics for the last two years (2010 and 2011) show that 81% and 85% of students passed the exam. Those who didn't pass, failed because the teachers didn't know the correct answers themselves.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You should see how the teachers grade my 3 kid's 'ENGLISH' exams!
THE teachers can't spell,and you can forget about "grammer"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The problem is that it is a government-sponsored set of exams. Therefore it is tainted to start with in the minds of most people.
I wish that Ms. Schecker, who is the person for doing all this would create her own company like the Educational Testing Service and produce tests...she is well trained to do it.

Next, the government would have to apply sanctions to school administrators whose schools failed to perform and teachers whose students are duds.

Then the high schools would be limited to accept only student who scored "X" level on the 8th grade tests. And then the universities (except the UASD, of course) could sift through candidates...

But we are decades away from this...

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It's hard for many teachers in the public schools to do decent work with the little support they get not to mention pay. I, however, can't grasp why people making RD70k a month would even send their kids to a public school(1).

(1) Fuente - el distinguido, incomparable economista tres pati.... digo Nals.

Jul 4, 2010
It's hard for many teachers in the public schools to do decent work with the little support they get not to mention pay. I, however, can't grasp why people making RD70k a month would even send their kids to a public school(1).

(1) Fuente - el distinguido, incomparable economista tres pati.... digo Nals.

Chip, the average (median) salary in the DR is around 12.000 pesos, not considering that a large proportion of the population (including Yours truly) is unemployed. I have two children in public schools, Aroa (age 10) and Angela (age 16). There's no other recourse!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip, the average (median) salary in the DR is around 12.000 pesos, not considering that a large proportion of the population (including Yours truly) is unemployed. I have two children in public schools, Aroa (age 10) and Angela (age 16). There's no other recourse!

Well I'm just about there too compai'.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My 3 kids all go to Catholic schools.
The 2 girls in Arroyo Hondo.4,000 pesos a month each,not including,books,supplies,uniforms,field trips,birthday parties, "Fiestas" and "transporte".The teachers still cant teach "English",and there isn't a Dominican alive who can "spell" correctly,and I mean in SPANISH!
They don't know a "B", from a "V",when there is a silent "H",and a whole lot more!
Maybe if Leonel wouldn't take so many trips abroad lobbying for a future job at the United Nations,with a huge "crew" for show,and hadn't wasted billions on the METRO,there would be money to train,and then pay,quality teachers!
OUR "tutor",starts coming again on Monday afernoon.One hour a day,to teach my girls,and monitor "Homework".
She is an excellent teacher.She teaches in the puplic school near our home.I don't know how much she is paid there,but it can't be much.When my mother-in-law told me we were only paying her 1,500 pesos a month for 1 hour every weekday I was shocked! (She does eat a lot of pizza every Thursday,2fer day at "Pizza Hut") I raised her pay too 2,000 a month,and Ithink that is too little!

CRIS COLON