Cocotel?

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Hi again: can someone give me some information about Cocotel .. where is it; are there restaurants there? Thanks for your help, jeb

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Cocotal (with an a) is in B?varo. As you drive north from the airport the main entrance is just past the Palma Real shopping village, taking the left-hand turning on the Melia roundabout. It's a very large gated upscale residential complex with villas, townhouses and apartments, a golf course and club house and at least one restaurant. It's not on the seafront but owners have access to some of the Melia resort facilities and beach, not sure about tenants. It's walking distance from Palma Real shopping village and a short drive from Los Corales and Bibijagua beach and restaurant areas.

JennK

Sep 25, 2011
I just moved to Cocotal, I love it we are a retired couple it is very nice and quiet. and finally purchased an apartment, it is true, only owners can use the beach club.

UmSulaiman

Apr 19, 2011
do they have apartments for rent there? I've seen villas for rent, but was wondering about the apartments...

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Cocotal use to be "the in spot", meaning if you had a Coco address you where doing great.. Now its full of low rent units, and you can easily secure a long term rental at $500 per month.. A few broken down stripped out cars on the South wall can also be spotted near the back(saw that in late June, could be gone now). Make sure you don't rent near the CPM hydro area, unless you want to hear loud buzzing on peak hydro hours... Now having said all this, its still a great location, and many people love it there, but Cocotal has now been divided into good sections, and less desirable locations, as I mentioned above it use to be entirely one good area. Basically when the recession hit in 2008-2009, Cocotal opened the "flood gates of low priced rentals" and now its a very mixed clientele... my2cents..

Last edited: