I need to buy a TV, I need a Televison Store in Bavaro or Punta Cana

npereyra

Jan 30, 2006
Does anyone knows where I can purchase a TV, such a 32" Samsung. I need the name or address or phone number of a store in this area where I can purchase one.

Thanks,

Nelson

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does anyone knows where I can purchase a TV, such a 32" Samsung. I need the name or address or phone number of a store in this area where I can purchase one.

Thanks,

Nelson

Is there a Plaza Lama or a La Sirena in your area?

If you do find one, please let us know how it compares in price and features to this model at $629.99:

Samsung UN32D5500 32 Class Widescreen LED HDTV - 1080p, 1920 x 1080, 16:9, 3500000:1 Dynamic, 60Hz, HDMI, USB, Energy Star at TigerDirect.com

(There are many much larger TV's available from Tiger Direct for a similar price. For example this LG 42 inch at $499.99
LG 42LK450 42 Class LCD HDTV - 1080p, 1920 x 1080, 16:9, 60Hz, 100000:1, 4 ms, HDMI, PC Input, USB, Intelligent Sensor, Energy Star at TigerDirect.com )

After checking the price locally, you might consider importing one. There are a number of 32 inch TV's for sale at Tiger Direct between $249 and $300 US if you can live with something other than that Samsung.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Nearest Plaza Lama is in La Romana, La Sirena is still being built in Higuey. :)

For TVs we do have a Corripio in San Juan Shopping Centre in B?varo (near the Coco Loco crossing).

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Windeguy

Tigerdirect is great used them all the time, even bought my 72" jvc from them, unless you get an exemptioon for export you pay the Florida sales taxes, I have switched to newwegg out of california, shipping is usually free or very cheap, no florida sales tax and prices are comprable, check amazon though before you buy, better there than Tiger.....sorry tigerdirect, ship to my EPS in Miami for export to the DR without collecting the tax and I will return.

By the way, if you go through a TigerDirect Sales person instead of online they can remove the tax for you, but I always found the salepeople a hassle compared to click, click, done!

Just try to let you know some more options....

JennK

Sep 25, 2011
I have just purchased a 19" Samsung second hand for 8000 pesos at Corrippio.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Windeguy

Tigerdirect is great used them all the time, even bought my 72" jvc from them, unless you get an exemptioon for export you pay the Florida sales taxes, I have switched to newwegg out of california, shipping is usually free or very cheap, no florida sales tax and prices are comprable, check amazon though before you buy, better there than Tiger.....sorry tigerdirect, ship to my EPS in Miami for export to the DR without collecting the tax and I will return.

By the way, if you go through a TigerDirect Sales person instead of online they can remove the tax for you, but I always found the salepeople a hassle compared to click, click, done!

Just try to let you know some more options....

I know that if you buy from amazon they will not charge you the sales tax in florida, but you will have to pay 16% here, and you will have to pay 20% customs, and you will have to pay all the eps-costs. And a tv is not light... Just wondering if it is still worth the trouble

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For a big screen TV I would not use EPS/TransExpress/Business Mail

I know that if you buy from amazon they will not charge you the sales tax in florida, but you will have to pay 16% here, and you will have to pay 20% customs, and you will have to pay all the eps-costs. And a tv is not light... Just wondering if it is still worth the trouble

EPS and TransExpress would be too expensive for a large TV. They are good for smaller pacakages. Montero Shipping (and other's like them) would be a better option for larger items like TVs, stoves,etc. And Montero will quote you a door to door price. Since the TVs sold here in the DR are generally refurbished units or older non-current models at 2X to 3X ther price of new models in the US I still think it is better to import them. To prove it out, find a TV NewEgg or Tiger Direct, call Montero and see what they say.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I thought I saw something on here about them leting you bring in things tax free last year for chrismas are thy going to do that agane this year? That might save you some money .