The fence, across from the Shark Bar,, ptotecting walkers from falling into the deep

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
The fence collapsed during the storm. A dangerous situation exists. How long before the owner or authorities repair it :confused:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Why don't you ask the owner instead of posting on here.
Would the real Ramon Ortiz please stand up. Heck, as it is the sacred site of Sosua's first hooker bar, maybe our mayor should make it a second shrine. :) ;) OK OK Ken, I'm going to bed. :) :) :)

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
It continues to be a safety hazard!

Does someone need to be seriously injured?:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
It's OK. If you trip on the sidewalk and do a triple half gainer with a lip stand and a perfect free fall into the Big Dig, the sandwich guy across the street has got yer back.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Would the real Ramon Ortiz please stand up. Heck, as it is the sacred site of Sosua's first hooker bar, maybe our mayor should make it a second shrine. :) ;) OK OK Ken, I'm going to bed. :) :) :)

And the location of the Famous " Pet Chop ".

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
And the location of the Famous " Pet Chop ".

El Marinero. The first official hooker bar in Sosua. Before then, if you wanted to meet a "young lady" you had to go to Charamicos. Ramon Ortiz, the owner brough all the girls to Sosua. If a girl got picked up in another bar, she had to go to Marinero or jail. What a dump that was. A few years later fire got the best of it. It remained a charred skeleton for a while and was finally cleaned up. Then came the digging of the present hole. It has been in that state for a few years. God only knows what plan the owner has.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Originally Posted by Papa Benito
The fence collapsed during the storm. A dangerous situation exists. How long before the owner or authorities repair it
Six weeks late, but finally, this dangerous hole is being fenced.

~Was anyone injured in the interim of the repair??? Perhaps why the haste in replacement???

Oct 11, 2010
El Marinero. The first official hooker bar in Sosua. Before then, if you wanted to meet a "young lady" you had to go to Charamicos. Ramon Ortiz, the owner brough all the girls to Sosua. If a girl got picked up in another bar, she had to go to Marinero or jail. What a dump that was. A few years later fire got the best of it. It remained a charred skeleton for a while and was finally cleaned up. Then came the digging of the present hole. It has been in that state for a few years. God only knows what plan the owner has.

It's been a long time since I've seen El Marinero written about.

I wonder how many people commenting on the changes taking place in Sos?a, whether perceived as good or bad, have any idea what it was like here when El Marinero was in its "heyday". Most probably wouldn't believe it or could possibly imagine what it was like back then. COMPLETELY different in those days, but then again that was about 20 years ago.

At least Ramon Ortiz went on to bigger and better things. Syndico of POP for eight years isn't a bad evolution from owner of El Marinero.

Boogie Man

Oct 3, 2011
Incredibly fast for the DR.

This hole across from the Shark Bar and the German guys phone place and the little hole in the wall food place I assume is what yall are talking about. Last year I seen a dude come up out of there from that little shack down there. He had a dog tied out down there. He looked well dressed and the dog looked fine except he live in a hole haaaahaaaa

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am glad to hear that the population of Sosua can sleep well knowing that it's biggest problem has been rectified.