La Orchidea condo's in Sosua/air quality in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melja

Sep 2, 2011
Is anyone familiar with these condos? Do they exist?

And, is it safe for a woman to travel alone in this area? I have done a fair bit of traveling so I know the ins and outs. I am planning to stay in the DR for the winter.

How would you rate the air quality in this area?

Thanks!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Is anyone familiar with these condos? Do they exist?

And, is it safe for a woman to travel alone in this area? I have done a fair bit of traveling so I know the ins and outs. I am planning to stay in the DR for the winter.

How would you rate the air quality in this area?

Thanks!

Just 4 minutes prior to your OP here you were spending the winter in Bavaro.... have you not made a definite decision yet or did one of us get confused?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

This looks like an owner that has three units in a condo complex, and has put together a website to rent them out. Thats why the three names on the website: The Love Birds, Bird of Paridise & la Orchidea.

The building looks familiar but I can't name it. Their website says the location is 16 Agosta. Someone else here might be able to name it.

The contact page on the site gives a link to the VacationRentals site, which is a paid listing service. So I would say the listing is most likely real. And it gives the owners name and email link.

Melja

Sep 2, 2011
They lady on the phone told me that it used to be a hotel and it was recently converted to condo's.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I think this is the old One Ocean Place, don't remember the new name. It's in the central part of Sosua.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
You are much better off renting a place for a 2-3 days while you are looking for a long term place, talk to expats. You will get a much better price also...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think this is the old One Ocean Place, don't remember the new name. It's in the central part of Sosua.

Yes, it is the old One Ocean Place. They have been doing extensive remodeling for some time. I have not been in the units, but it looks good from the outside. large pool, bar and restaurant on the property. Set well back from the road so is quiet.
I stayed there a long time ago when it was One Ocean Place. Not a terribly long walk to center of town, maybe 5 or 6 blocks.

Melja

Sep 2, 2011
I have an offer for 680US for a one bedroom apartment close to the beach in Bavaro. I do need to add electricity. Could I get anything cheaper if I would stay in a hotel the first days like Dr Mpe suggested???????

Thanks!!

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I have an offer for 680US for a one bedroom apartment close to the beach in Bavaro. I do need to add electricity. Could I get anything cheaper if I would stay in a hotel the first days like Dr Mpe suggested???????

Thanks!!

Not sure about Bavaro but in Sosua u can get a nice 1 bedrooms, good location for around 400.

pepsicruiser

Aug 14, 2011
Take a look at

Take a look at Serenity Del Sol in Cabarete. It has about 9/10 lovely units priced right and has great reviews. It's on Homeaway.com. We had it rented for 2 months this coming winter but circumstances caused us to have to cancel. Very nice people to deal with.

james

Jan 14, 2002
Ken, The "old One ocean Place: was rebuilt & refurnbished completely and is now know as "The Garden Condos" You can Google that and find tons of info and photos.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Ken, The "old One ocean Place: was rebuilt & refurnbished completely and is now know as "The Garden Condos" You can Google that and find tons of info and photos.

Has anybody purchased @ "The Garden Condos" and gotten a clean title yet.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Not sure about Bavaro but in Sosua u can get a nice 1 bedrooms, good location for around 400.
Since you are clearly not committed to any particular town you might want to consider Puerto Plata. Much cheaper apartments than Sos?a plus some advantages of living in a more "normal" town. However if the beach is important to you then Pto Pta is not recommended unless you have a car (and I guess you won't have one).

Status
Not open for further replies.