Romantic places/ideas in Santiago

Thorn679

Sep 15, 2010
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is having a great day. I am new to Santiago and I would like to know where the ideal places to take my special lady to have a nice quite peaceful time, we are both very romantic and we love the arts and music. I gave her a lovely surprise yesterday by taking her to Front Door and we both loved it, its a really nice place and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to pass a really nice time. I was wondering if there are more places like this or something more suitable for couples. I would also like some tips on some where to go for sight seeing or have a good time that dosen't necessarily have to be a restaurant. She dosen't like public affection all that much so that would also be another factor to keep in mind. I will be in Santiago for quite a while seeing as I'm going to be studying Vet. Med in UTESA.

Thank you for your time and I hope everyone has a great day.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Try kalven's car wash... Thy have a great burger and spots book right next door put 50 on denver Monday night 4 me .Lol . Sorrey try center lieon good RD history great musam and u can watch them roil cigars.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Camp David for dinner. Get there before sunset and watch the lights come on in Santiago...

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Camp David for dinner. Get there before sunset and watch the lights come on in Santiago...

Its a shame to say the food isnt that good. My friends brother is the chef there. I dont know what to tell him.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Its a shame to say the food isnt that good. My friends brother is the chef there. I dont know what to tell him.
Every meal I've had there, prolly 20+, have been very nice.

Opinions vary...

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I was just going to post a thread like this.

I need to find a place to take engagement pictures in Santiago. I think I am going to propose to her in the Argentinian restaurant across from Union Medica. I don't of of any places that are better than that one. For me Camp David is out of the question since I am having the reception there.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I need to find a place to take engagement pictures in Santiago. I think I am going to propose to her in the Argentinian restaurant across from Union Medica. I don't of of any places that are better than that one. For me Camp David is out of the question since I am having the reception there.

You've arranged the reception...and you haven't proposed yet?????

AE

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

So you started threads for a wedding song, a limo, DJ, and photographer....and you have not even proposed?
I hope you have not left deposits!

tio tambo'

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Monument to Mirabal Sisters dedicates - DiarioLibre.com

I found the memorial a few years back during a huelga when i had to 4 wheel it in my Corolla when the Turistica Carretera Luperion was blocked going to Santiago.

To get there Hit the road Ave Greg Luprion @ the Hace and follow it to La cumbra. Take the right at the police station and follow a riverbed/road for 2KM. It will be on your right. If you do not back track the riverbed/road will take you through the Santiago dump and Tamboril.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
So you started threads for a wedding song, a limo, DJ, and photographer....and you have not even proposed?
I hope you have not left deposits!

tio tambo'

She s going to say yes and then it will really be on. This guy is like a sit com, he wants to old folks sitting on the bench memory of how he proposed to her so on and so forth. You should have asked him if he has some terminal disease that mandates he get married RIGHT NOW!

I would swear he was the woman.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I think that restaurant is called Puerto Madera. I've had some excellent meals there, one with Chip and AZB (I refereed:)).

Rancho Steak House and Pez Dorado are also very nice.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I was just going to post a thread like this.

And that would have been the third one in less than 24 hours. Is there something in the Santiago air.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
We agreed to get married months ago, I wanted to meet her parents first before giving her the ring.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
We agreed to get married months ago, I wanted to meet her parents first before giving her the ring.

You should send your script in to Larry David, you might hit it big.
I can see it now, "Funkhauser gets locked in one of Trujillo's Woodies in Camp David 15 minutes before the ceremony!"

Thorn679

Sep 15, 2010
Thank you

Thanks to everyone that has replied, I shall take a look at the eco-lodge, and we have bee to camp david several times =]

I was all so wondering if there is any way of finding out if a local music group or band is paying around town or maybe a nice little orchestra group or something?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Thanks to everyone that has replied, I shall take a look at the eco-lodge, and we have bee to camp david several times =]

I was all so wondering if there is any way of finding out if a local music group or band is paying around town or maybe a nice little orchestra group or something?

Every Monday night at Soho Rooftop (above the Bella Terra Mall) has Lunes de Jazz.....great music, good crowd and atmosphere, reasonably priced drinks. For lack of a better word, feels very "civilized"...

The Gran Teatro del Cibao, across from The Monument, is a beautiful building and often has concerts, plays, dance performances, etc. Cirque de Solei is either coming soon or was just there...

There's a place downtown, Calle del Sol area, called Centro de Cultura, or something like that, that often has interesting performances...dance, music, etc.

Another dining option along the lines of Camp David are the three restaurants (and now a fourth at the new eco-hotel nextdoor) on the Moca-Jamao mountain road, about 40 minutes from the center of Santiago... all have decent food, reasonable prices, awesome views (haven't been to the new one though)...

Also, if you can swing an invite from a member, a day or meal at Centro Espanol, or one of the other "Country Clubs" would be a great option...