Belgian shot in Bavaro?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I heard in the news this morning that a Belgian who owns a cigar factory in Bavaro was shot last night. I didn't get all the details. Anybody out there who knows more about this?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
So, it looks like nobody got killed, thanks god. Lucas used to be my neighbor.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~Did I read correctly that one was shot with "Buckshot"?....Like they use for hunting Deer??

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
The entrepreneur Gregory Simon, 32 owner of Don Lucas

"Lucas used to be my neighbor. "

I don't understand what you try to say. The Belgian Lucas is the founder of Don Lucas Cigars and according to the radio news I was listening this morning he was shot. If he had a partner with that name then also thanks god that he is alive.

I don't think that you have enough knowledge about the area from that vacations you took there.

That is what I was trying to figure out, from the article it says he was the owner of Don Lucas cigars.
I google translate the article.....so I am not sure if he was the owner or not.
I have been in Punta Cana no less than 34 times and was trying to assimilate who was shot.

Translation

"A Belgian businessman, an employee of yours and a robber were wounded during a botched assault on a foreign-owned tobacco company in Verona, Higuey.

The entrepreneur Gregory Simon, 32, and his employee Mora Luis Alcantara, 33, were admitted to a hospital in La Altagracia province with gunshot wounds in different parts of the body.

The alleged gunman was identified by police as Juan Pablo Ram?rez Flores, 3l, who lives on the street l8 number 30, of Los Mina, Santo Domingo.

He received several wounds from buckshot.

Police said Ramirez Flores, in the company of others who escaped in a car that traveled to Veron, Higuey, the company tried to storm Don Lucas, but were confronted by the owner and employee.

He said the subject, being discovered as robbers, the shooting launched against company executives and private vigilante Irelis Cuevas, who was unhurt, and also shot the criminals.

Shot in the skirmish left the Belgian businessman, your worker Alcantara and the alleged robber Mora, Ram?rez Flores, who was taken to a hospital public Higuey, where he received medical care under police guard.

Police said the alleged robber a gun he was busy Sec brand, caliber nine millimeters, a charger with several capsules, ammunition, twelve-gauge shotgun, various tools, and other businesses to open and dismantle.

It was reported that the wounded man told the police that the other persons accompanying him in the attempted robbery to the tobacco company in Verona, Higuey, are also residents of Los Mina, Santo Domingo. The reports indicate that in the morning, members of the Criminal Investigations carried out operations in search of the assailants."