Returning rental moneis and arrest warrent.

pascary

Sep 10, 2011
I own a condo in p/c and rented it out to someone, they cancelled their booking and my policy is no refunds if within a certain time period. This person is threatening me that if I go back to p/c i will be arrested. Can this legally be done. As well can i be arrested under a different name on my passport. I really would like to know if there is a warrent for me.

PASCARY.

Hpluv

Feb 24, 2009
Thaty is unfair.
If an agreement is signed, it must be respected by all parties involved.
Disagreements must be resolved in a court of law.
If Pascary is right, he should not be scared.
Who knows if he turned down business because he had the place rented.
Hpluv

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Thaty is unfair.
If an agreement is signed, it must be respected by all parties involved.
Disagreements must be resolved in a court of law.
If Pascary is right, he should not be scared.
Who knows if he turned down business because he had the place rented.
Hpluv
Welcome to the DR, where law is secondary to revenge.

Are a few dollars worth living in some kind of fear?

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
I assume you have the name(s) and address of the renter. You should remind them of that. Threats can be a 2 way street.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Don't do anything until you get a response from Fabio Guzman.

Meantime, is the policy on refunds stated in the rental contract signed by the renter?

pascary

Sep 10, 2011
Welcome to the DR, where law is secondary to revenge.

Are a few dollars worth living in some kind of fear?

Feb. always books up early, so I turned alot of people away and could not re rent condo. I did try and advised renter if i re rent will refund. IT also stated on site that i advertise the policy. There was no contract between us signed. I have contacted guzman office in bavaro several times with no response. I would like to know if there is a warrent there for me or not.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
COBRA BOY.. ITS not about the money, its about the policy.

Spoken like someone that doesn't live in the DR.

Does your no show renter live in the DR? If it's a tourist, then I would ignore any threats thrown your way. If a local, then you might just be in for a world of pain. Then again, that all depends who he/she is.

pascary

Sep 10, 2011
Spoken like someone that doesn't live in the DR.

Does your no show renter live in the DR? If it's a tourist, then I would ignore any threats thrown your way. If a local, then you might just be in for a world of pain. Then again, that all depends who he/she is.

The renter is from usa. I'M in canada.. But would like to go to my condo without worries.

pascary

Sep 10, 2011
I would like to know how to find out if i have a warrent or issues when i go.. so i can be prepared with all the emails between us the renter and I

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
1. Being an American that is renting then I gather that he does not own property or a resident of the D.R. So..
2. IF that is the case he would find it very difficult to have a warrent issued from the U.S. and very expensive.
3. IF he does know an attorney in the D.R., then the attorney could file and have a Judge sign the warrent. I think that the attorney would need some statement made from the police first? But without the American giving a statement and signing the papers the odds stack against him and only the bottom feeders would do this. (though it can be done)
4. Numbers 2 and 3 would cost him more then he lost, take a lot of time and a lot of frustration trying to do so.

Find out who the Canadian rep. is in P.C. Get his/her e-mail and explain the situation and when you are arriving. Get the phone number and keep in on you. You should have it anyway as well as...
Have the phone number of your D.R. attorney available and on you.
Have copies of the contract and your e-mails just in case by some remote chance this guy did do something.

I would not let this jerk keep me away from my property and rights. Come down and enjoy your property.

Good luck.

Does this American post on DR1?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Basically, if the guy is a connected Dominican he can make your life (in the DR) difficult. And it won't be upon your arrival in the DR, it will be when you leave the DR, because this procedure (I forget the legal name) is always applied and executed during departures at Immigration.

If its an American, he's just barking not biting.

T

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Basically, if the guy is a connected Dominican he can make your life (in the DR) difficult. And it won't be upon your arrival in the DR, it will be when you leave the DR, because this procedure (I forget the legal name) is always applied and executed during departures at Immigration.

If its an American, he's just barking not biting.

T

I think the term is "Impedimento de Salida"

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003

Impedimento de salida

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
As well can i be arrested under a different name on my passport. I really would like to know if there is a warrent for me.

PASCARY.

Am I the only one who read this? How can you enter the country with a different name on your passport?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Am I the only one who read this? How can you enter the country with a different name on your passport?

Might not be as crazy as it sounds at first. OP could be a woman. I left my maiden name on my passport for decades out of laziness and because that was the name registered with IATA when I worked outside sales for my friend's travel agency. My legal name is my married name.

AE

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
My legal name is my maiden name, married or not.
But good point AE, do not know if the OP is a man or woman.
Any way, I think he/she should not read too much of the 'cowboy' stories here and come back to what is rightfully his or hers property. There was not even a written agreement for pete sake so what is the supposed renter going to do?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Maybe the OP can post a copy of his rental agreement, or a link to it on his website.

Hard to say what can happen without all the facts...

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
WHAT? I guess I'm missing something or some post. Who said anything about changing names on your Passport or papers? Are all NUTS?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Maybe the OP can post a copy of his rental agreement, or a link to it on his website.

Hard to say what can happen without all the facts...

We have all seen and entered into agreements stating if you do not cancel 2 months before due date then the deposit is none refundable. In the this case it looks like there is no contract, as he stated so, I expect this means no faxed info or scanned signatures. And so this is nothing more than a domestic. And we all know unless financially motivated that nothing moves here as far as domestics go, at any level, unless connected.
This guy is American, obviously not connected or he would not have arranged this as he has. This deposit is not alot as sending large deposits without contract is stupid. And so we have a pi$$ed American dude who wants his money back, realizes he has no leg to stand on and so is barking like a terrier at a rat race. There can be no bite. I'd ignore the guy and just get on with life.