Perla de Sosua Hotel needs an update as of yesterday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
Is it just me or Perla de Sosua needs a big time update??? I was there a few weeks ago and I found the place as if it was falling apart, everything is old! Perla de Sosua rooms are outdated: old beds, noisy AC units, old shower curtains, old TVs, old smelly refrigerators, etc...

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
I guess the girls werent treating you that well in sosua because i wouldnt be thinking about the room in sosua.

rpg4

Apr 21, 2007
www.networkplusconsulting.com
Perla de sosua is NOT Sosua Bay, New Garden, etc, nor does it want to me

As the owner of budget economy Perla De Sosua, and higher end villa such as Lomas mironas and other properties in the Caribbean such as Beacon Hill Towers additional businesses and investment interest in the Fiji Islands in the south pacific, Cayman Islands, Australia, Canada and beyond I had over 17 years living and investing in the Dominican Republic

Just as a night club in the USA that is hot and happening and has a good and loyal clientele, complete with good looking woman, conversation, and fun.. but wait once the word spread and a "Certain" client?le begins to frequent this new and happening joint and all of suddens, the vibe in the club starts to change

A fight or two breaks out, some members of the club start claiming woman, claiming their manhood and hating, and the owner is the club is FORCED to change the music, raise the cover, hire more security

If you cannot figure out what I am saying, stop over at Perla de Sosua and talk to me. Anyone of my loyal customers will tell you in a minute I am open for intelligent dialogue and debate. Hating Perla de Sosua in this fashon is not the way, I am sitting in my office everyday you can voice your complains and issues directly with me, BUT I got feeling that Me and Perla De Sosua will be here LONG after you have gone and be forced out due to the increase in the cover charge, change in music and additional security, maybe then the club can get back to the way it was before you entered the spot

For record this week we have added 42 inch flat screen in all the two bedrooms apartment and remodeled the kitchen in all the two bedrooms also. Additional we added flat screens on our soon to be open community terrace and will be serving FREE meals soon ONLY for our loyal and repeat customers, this along with FREE phone calls to the USA and Canada, Non instructive guest policy, three company based wireless internet access hidden and quiet at a reasonable price with local, personalize service and always open conversation and dialogue makes the correct choice for the mature, customer, who knows what he wants and when to say to NO to what he does not want, and does NOT want to be bother otherwise!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I have lived at perla de sosua for 5 years now and wouldn't live anywhere else.

It's located behind Banco Popular on a very quiet street and is one of the very few places you won't be kept awake with nisy motoconchos passing buy.

The owner continues to update everything here and it's safe and secure.

All of the units had screens and windows installed so there are no bugs and then the owner replaced all of thos outdated wall untits and installed all new A/C units which need to be seviced from time to time and if there is every anything wrong with your accomodation Brent will fix the problem or move you to an upgraded room.

It's amazing how many repeat customers come back here as many as 3-4 times per year.

Not one week has gone by without new and improved updates and now include security cameras as well.

I have never seen a property owner do as much to improve a property as Brent Lewis has and judging by the many return guests I would have to say that they agree.

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
I'm not hating your spot. I'm just pointed out that your place needs a major update and updating a couple of rooms with new TVs is not a major upgrade. I'm sure you can figure out what a major update is, you know like new beds, new furniture, new Appliances, etc.

By the way, I can tell you doing so well, that you now live in one of the oldest room in Perla de Sosua.

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
I'm not hating your spot. I'm just pointed out that your place needs a major update and updating a couple of rooms with new TVs is not a major upgrade. I'm sure you can figure out what a major update is, you know like new beds, new furniture, new Appliances, etc.

By the way, I can tell you doing so well, that you now live in one of the oldest room in Perla de Sosua.

There are many other choices in Sosua. Sounds like he has many loyal and repeat guests who figure they get value for money. I suggest you try another place.

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
Mike I, I don't see the crime pointing out that the whole place needs an update. Maybe, it'll make the owner do more about it. I know you have been living there for a long time now. It does not need fixing. It needs an update. Those AC unites were updated when the owner first bought Perla, which was a long time ago.
I know he is your friend but he needs to work on it.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike I, I don't see the crime pointing out that the whole place needs an update. Maybe, it'll make the owner do more about it. I know you have been living there for a long time now. It does not need fixing. It needs an update. Those AC unites were updated when the owner first bought Perla, which was a long time ago.
I know he is your friend but he needs to work on it.

That's not True as those A/C units are 3 years old but that is not the point ands my compressor need replacing about a month ago and that was accomplished the next day and i was given another room so I was never without AC.

The units are priced accordingly and when i switche from unit 8 to unit 11 The owner purchased a new bed and there is new appliances including stainless steel fridge and stove with matching microwave and blender.

The juice maker does not match the other black and stainless appliances and my furniture does not need replacing.

If I didn't like it here I would leave and i suggest you do the same.

You are another prime example of another complainer that comes here on a rice and bean budget but expect 5 star accomodation and cheap putas

Last edited:

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
Wow, I did not know Mike that you were that close to your buddy. It seems this upsets you more than him.lol.

Coralia

Mar 30, 2007
www.myspace.com
Tony, I disagree totally with You...the A/C are not from the date as the owner bought the complex....they are new bought 3 years ago and are updated every couple months of cleaning and if needed repaired as up to date...I ccan tell cause Ilived at Perla for 1 year...nice spot/safe and noise? hum...thinking here now...must be maybe a noise of a bird? lol...anyway as snoozer suggests I would say aswell....You need to try another place in this regard and You might have real problems to complain in regard all your issues you complaining off...LOLOL...have a nice stay somewhere next time.....

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
amazing

this complaint just turned itself into a very positive review lol

seems like a great place to stay
Manu

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
amazing

this complaint just turned itself into a very positive review lol

seems like a great place to stay
Manu

I was thinking the same thing Manu.

Important to remember that some people are inherently predisposed to complaining about everything.

And when they're not complaining, they're stirring the pot in some other way.

AE

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
Positive review, please. I guess you don't know what a review is. It was never said that people should avoid this old spot. I only pointed out that it needs an update. There was never a complain against the owner or his crew.

This is a forum to state your opinion and that is what I'm doing. I think this place needs an update and that is all.
<O:p></O:p>
It seems some people are just too sesitive to any criticizem. At the end, more upgrades will only make his place better.<O:p></O:p>

May 29, 2006
The rates vary quite a bit from room to room. For $39 a night for one of the economy rooms, I wouldn't be complaining about a noisy AC, a musty fridge or lack of a flat screen TV with cable. Having a seated porch though seems like a very big plus. Some the higher end rooms look very nice--certainly nicer than anything in the US for the same price range.

The smaller hotels in Sosua seem to last a lot longer than the bigger ones. They tend to make improvements as they can actually afford them rather than taking out multi-million dollar loans and then needing Sosua to become the rediscovered hot spot on the North Coast to make their payments.

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
Here is a review of the place:

“Owner is well-intentioned, but it's a total, last-resort dump”
x.gif
Reviewed February 24, 2011
Plus side: central, quiet, cheap, available at last minute, free wi-fi, free telephones to USA & Canada .
Negative side: run-down; bugs/mosquitoes; dirty [including a used condom in the shower-- I only stayed the night because it was already 9:30pm when I discovered this, and the options for a place to sleep the night at that point in Sosua were slim & none; in the owner-manager's defense, he commented that he hadn't had time to prep the room; but this is only a symptom of serious problems with this hotel/guesthouse.]

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

rpg4

Apr 21, 2007
www.networkplusconsulting.com
PeterInBrat, you are 100% correct...

The rates vary quite a bit from room to room. For $39 a night for one of the economy rooms, I wouldn't be complaining about a noisy AC, a musty fridge or lack of a flat screen TV with cable. Having a seated porch though seems like a very big plus. Some the higher end rooms look very nice--certainly nicer than anything in the US for the same price range.

The smaller hotels in Sosua seem to last a lot longer than the bigger ones. They tend to make improvements as they can actually afford them rather than taking out multi-million dollar loans and then needing Sosua to become the rediscovered hot spot on the North Coast to make their payments.

PeterInBrat, you are 100% correct.... This is why I made the statement to TonyDman that Perla De Sosua will be around long after TonyDman and moves on to the next hot and happening spot. A lot of business owners and large hotels are complaining. We are NOT!!!, you see technically Perla De Sosua is NOT a hotel, but an apartment complex, (A serviced apartment complex with the ONLY online credit card based REAL TIME booking system of it kind, most properties in Sosua required email post or phone call to book). As a high end consultant to large fortune 100 companies in the USA, it is a system that I developed and designed myself, costing my thousands). I make improvement from existing revenue, I have no loans, no debt and have a loyal and work harding work force. As I stated before I own a number of properties on the north coast and only islands, all of them are PAID FOR, and it is my loyal customer base that allow me to make improvement when and how I can. I do appreciate my customers

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
PeterInBrat, you are 100% correct.... This is why I made the statement to TonyDman that Perla De Sosua will be around long after TonyDman and moves on to the next hot and happening spot. A lot of business owners and large hotels are complaining. We are NOT!!!, you see technically Perla De Sosua is NOT a hotel, but an apartment complex, (A serviced apartment complex with the ONLY online credit card based REAL TIME booking system of it kind, most properties in Sosua required email post or phone call to book). As a high end consultant to large fortune 100 companies in the USA, it is a system that I developed and designed myself, costing my thousands). I make improvement from existing revenue, I have no loans, no debt and have a loyal and work harding work force. As I stated before I own a number of properties on the north coast and only islands, all of them are PAID FOR, and it is my loyal customer base that allow me to make improvement when and how I can. I do appreciate my customers

By all means, I hope you do stay around for a long time. It is good for the local economy. I don't think we can question your good customer service, but your place needs an update.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Strange story from the OP.
When I have a complaint about my hotel room, it does take me 5 minutes to go to the front desk and make the complaint. When nothing happens within half an hour, which I have encountered more less then often, I go back to the front desk and do not debate with the guy at the desk but demand to see the manager. Problems, as few as I have encountered them on my various trips around the world are always solved within the hour on the spot.

I think there is another story behind all this...

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
Strange story from the OP.
When I have a complaint about my hotel room, it does take me 5 minutes to go to the front desk and make the complaint. When nothing happens within half an hour, which I have encountered more less then often, I go back to the front desk and do not debate with the guy at the desk but demand to see the manager. Problems, as few as I have encountered them on my various trips around the world are always solved within the hour on the spot.

I think there is another story behind all this...

You forgot to say,"When in the USA..." Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.