2012 campaing TV commercial

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Who have seen the Margarita Cedeno ( Despacho de la primera dama ) TV comercial where a man appear in a traffic light of SD city selling Dominican flags??? I just saw it on CDN TV and for me this is the stupidest TV commercial I've ever seen in my life...
The driver of the SUV who get a flag from the poor man who is trying to make a living this way get heart broken and handle to the seller a gratification of RD $500. pesos but him refuse with the argument that he only wants the money coming from his work effort....
what a stupid message, he is not begging!
It would be the same as when a Taxi driver get tip from his costumers!!! in my case when I was driving in DR I got tips from frequent costumer that I did not refused because it was the result of a good jab.

Ex: Family Jordan from Main NY in a December trip to Las terrenas gave me a tip of RD $ 14,000. like a Christmas present for my family...

should I say, no? to this gratification?

JJ

suavena

Jan 27, 2009
Wait you are telling me that the driver was not harrased by 500 Haitians at this light? :speechles

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's not a direct election campaign ad but the First Lady's Office campaign to promote civic values. I've only heard the radio versions. Some of them make more sense than others.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I can see the ads now, "Accept nothing that you haven't earned"; "Para un futuro mejor,haz un trabajo honesto"; "Gratis no es justo. El trabajo es mejor." "Un futuro mejor se adquiere con sudor", "Pongamos fin a las 'botellas'"...:)

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The ones I've noticed feature a student telling his friends he can't go out partying because he has to study, and his mother telling how proud she is of him, and a woman who survives cancer thanks to her faith.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
That means that they won't buy Cedulas $ 500. Pesos each during 2012 tournament LOL.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
This is the funniest thing I've seen in my life.... A poor guy trying to make a living out of a traffic light selling: pineapple, windshield wipers, flags, candy, cellphone case or whatever he find to make some Pesos. A rich guy " un Jeepetu" give him a handout of RD $ 500. and he don't take it....

jajajaja

Hazme una de vaqueros que esa no me gusto!

JJ

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Ex: Family Jordan from Main NY in a December trip to Las terrenas gave me a tip of RD $ 14,000. like a Christmas present for my family...

should I say, no? to this gratification?

JJ
Your civic duty would have been to accept it, graciously thank them on my behalf and forward the $$$ to me.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
the best money in the world is the one coming from tips, gratification, handout or whatever you wanna call it. Is net income money that can go straight to your bank account or to have debt problems solved...

I say the commercial is ridiculous because the man is not begging he is not stealing nothing... The only thing he is doing is getting heart broken a rich man who for sure was poor same like him before to start working for the government.

A caballo dado no se le mira el diente!

JJ