The Garbage Men Stole our trash cans!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Now I wonder how it is that in the town of Bani they manage to have those big green clean up bins and here on Independe. there were piles of garbage and I asked and the people in the condo said well, we buy the barrels and they steal them. But they bought two barrels.. not that two barrels were enough since the condo next door and the one across the street does not have any.
.. but for a bit of the time it was ok. For the mornings, say.

So the other day, I walk out and Voila. No cans. And I ask the janitor and he says the garbage men took them. He saw them. Just put them in the truck which hauls the trash.

This is not some hidden back street. This is the main street down to the Zona Colonial.

What is to be done?

aaarrggghhhh

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
robocop1.jpg

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Try what they do in the US - spray paint the name of the condo/address in big bright letters on the cans. People are less apt to steal them.

We have the same problem with the big blue drums we sometimes ship our stuff in to SD - they magically disappear.

It's the price we pay for living in paradise.

AE

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Move to Bani. It's very peaceful here. And people take pride in keeping the city clean.
Plus, if you have garbage cans, there are always there after the garbage men come. With one exception: the garbage men came and knocked on the door, explaining that one of the cans was no longer any good, showing me that the bottom had fallen out, and asked if it was okay to haul it away.