Rebuilt Scooter Engine For Only $60.52 in todays $ U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I was going shopping today and I drove about 100 yards and my engine stopped.

My mechanic in los Charimicos came 20 minutes after my call and took the bike back to his shop which is 3 miles away.

For those of you who don't know how to take a vehicle to the shop you ask the locals and they will help.

With scooters and motorcycles you have someone put their right leg on any part of the bike that will push it forward at speeds of up tp 30 miles per hour..

My engine needed a new piston and rings and they changed the oil ( have to change oil again in 10 days )

When they showed up at the front gate it was 3 hours later and I had my Timberland pool slippers on and asked them to move the bike of of it's kickstand ( need real shoes to do that ) and with the new increased horsepower the bike started to run away from me.

So who is the first person to respond to this in a negative manner?

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No need to be negative, you were indeed fortunate to have a popular vehicle that could be fixed at what can only be called a rock bottom price. Now you can ride and ride and ride....and remember to change the oil..

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Good deal. I hope they honed the cylinder, or Piston Round III is on the calendar...

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
I was going shopping today and I drove about 100 yards and my engine stopped.

My mechanic in los Charimicos came 20 minutes after my call and took the bike back to his shop which is 3 miles away.

For those of you who don't know how to take a vehicle to the shop you ask the locals and they will help.

With scooters and motorcycles you have someone put their right leg on any part of the bike that will push it forward at speeds of up tp 30 miles per hour..

My engine needed a new piston and rings and they changed the oil ( have to change oil again in 10 days )

When they showed up at the front gate it was 3 hours later and I had my Timberland pool slippers on and asked them to move the bike of of it's kickstand ( need real shoes to do that ) and with the new increased horsepower the bike started to run away from me.

So who is the first person to respond to this in a negative manner?

I am surprised that some of the folks who drastically overpay the market prices on all labour related issues don't lambast you for paying so little since it costs so much more in Canada, USA, etc. etc. Your bargain-basement price just perpetuates the near sustenance existence of the Dominican working class and directly is responsible for kids not doing their homework, poorly ironed trousers and a host of other social ills. :classic:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Good deal. I hope they honed the cylinder, or Piston Round III is on the calendar...

They are pretty good about doing that here as long as you ask. I wonder if the mechanic did it in this case as it was done so quick. Then again if billyjose's machine shop was next door it's possible.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
A piston and rings do not necessarily constitute an overhaul, however the real test as to you getting a good price or no will be how long it runs with all that new horsepower. If there is one thing a Dom should know how to do its repair a moto. Good luck with all that new power. At least you will not have to worry about getting a speeding ticket.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I am surprised that some of the folks who drastically overpay the market prices on all labour related issues don't lambast you for paying so little since it costs so much more in Canada, USA, etc. etc. Your bargain-basement price just perpetuates the near sustenance existence of the Dominican working class and directly is responsible for kids not doing their homework, poorly ironed trousers and a host of other social ills. :classic:

If they are honest and this mechanic is i give them a tip and in this case it was 200 pesos which was included in the total price of what I paid.

The guy who painted the scooter received a 500 peso tip and so did the mechanic who referred him to me and i gave them each a beer for the ride home

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.