Laser Sights, Legal yes or No????

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Does anybody know if a Laser Sight aka "mira laser" is legal to mount on a legal and licensed firearm?

Jul 4, 2010
Does anybody know if a Laser Sight aka "mira laser" is legal to mount on a legal and licensed firearm?

For firearms issued for civilian use in the DR, a laser sight is useless, and actually quite counterproductive since the beam will reveal your position. It's downright stupid to install one of those on a 9 mm pistol. Yes Virginia, they're legal!

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
For firearms issued for civilian use in the DR, a laser sight is useless, and actually quite counterproductive since the beam will reveal your position. It's downright stupid to install one of those on a 9 mm pistol. Yes Virginia, they're legal!
Hmmmm, if I were up to no good I might feel a little intimidated if I had a red spot dancing around on my chest.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Your hand will be trembling so fast,you will look like a light show at a "Metalica" concert!
I HAVE A SHOrT STOCK 12GA. :rambo::rambo::rambo:
Ican shake like I have "Parkinson's" and still hit the target!
"Shotguns" have a high,"Intimidation Value"!:eek::eek::eek:
I know it scares my wife when I just shoot behind her! ;)

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004

Well Mr. jrmirador@alumni.iu.edu

First appreciate the answer, that yes "Mira laser" is legal mount on a legally licensed firearm. Could you please direct me to some verification on how you know this?

So to your opinion it being stupid to use a "mira laser", please also provide proof as to why this fact, giving away position and all?

So you would makle the same claim against a flashlight mounted on a weapon?

So as opposed to having night vision equipment, of course my preferance, yet in the absence of same, is it better to shoot into the dark where you can not verify your shot will take down your target, give your self away with wild muzzle flashes or is it better one shoot one kill ASAP????

Please I really want verification of you statment that the "mira laser" is legal here in the DR.

Thanx & g'luck

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
The beam from a laser is not visible, unless vapor or smoke or some other material in the air is present. As a photographer who has spent more hours than I care to count getting lasers to show in photos, I can tell you that for sure.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
The beam from a laser is not visible, unless vapor or smoke or some other material in the air is present. As a photographer who has spent more hours than I care to count getting lasers to show in photos, I can tell you that for sure.

I have one laser that the beam is visible at night.

Jul 4, 2010
Well Mr. jrmirador@alumni.iu.edu

First appreciate the answer, that yes "Mira laser" is legal mount on a legally licensed firearm. Could you please direct me to some verification on how you know this?

So to your opinion it being stupid to use a "mira laser", please also provide proof as to why this fact, giving away position and all?

So you would makle the same claim against a flashlight mounted on a weapon?

So as opposed to having night vision equipment, of course my preferance, yet in the absence of same, is it better to shoot into the dark where you can not verify your shot will take down your target, give your self away with wild muzzle flashes or is it better one shoot one kill ASAP????

Please I really want verification of you statment that the "mira laser" is legal here in the DR.

Thanx & g'luck

You can visit any bona fide (even non bona fide) gun shop (Armer?a) in Santo Domingo and you will confirm my words.

Jul 4, 2010
ifslsz.jpg

It's useless to mount a lasser sight on a short-barrel 12 gage shotgun.

I have a permanent carry-on licence, issued by Interior y Policia, for the above weapon. So if you see me entering church with this firearm, it's legal!

May 5, 2007
I have one laser that the beam is visible at night.

All depends on wavelength (Color) of Laser. Most red lasers are visible only on their target, green can sometimes be seen to original point , and that is specially filtered ones used on handguns/rifles (You won't see the "paint" from a laser targeting designator from an aircraft or man on the ground "painting" a target,) but the whole idea behind a laser on hand held is visibility.

Surely one does not think a sniper is using a laser? Laser is generally a "quick point" accessory for handgun or sometimes rifle when you want the psychological effect of the target knowing he is ripe for picking, you won't get the plethora of crossed beams you see on TV. To obtain those visible beams smoke is often used, any visible laser light is "scattered" or lost light, not a wanted effect

May 5, 2007
ifslsz.jpg

It's useless to mount a lasser sight on a short-barrel 12 gage shotgun.

I have a permanent carry-on licence, issued by Interior y Policia, for the above weapon. So if you see me entering church with this firearm, it's legal!

Not at all, it gives an immediate reference to the bore-sight of the weapon You pull that 12 from pointing at the ground and target a person or object 12 feet away and the laser immediately gives you the center of your impact. If you are firing slugs, closed choke 00 you need to be reasonable accurate, the "myth" of a 12 gague covering an entire room is just that, at about 10 feet some shells packed with oo will only give you a "hit" area of about 4-5", you do have to aim well for that to be effective.

Then again, any sane "bad guy" will crap his pants and freeze if he hears a 12 Gague pump rack a round, a reaon many soldiers and LEOS will "waste" a round in the chamber for the effect of chambering a new round

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
All depends on wavelength (Color) of Laser. Most red lasers are visible only on their target, green can sometimes be seen to original point , and that is specially filtered ones used on handguns/rifles (You won't see the "paint" from a laser targeting designator from an aircraft or man on the ground "painting" a target,) but the whole idea behind a laser on hand held is visibility.

Surely one does not think a sniper is using a laser? Laser is generally a "quick point" accessory for handgun or sometimes rifle when you want the psychological effect of the target knowing he is ripe for picking, you won't get the plethora of crossed beams you see on TV. To obtain those visible beams smoke is often used, any visible laser light is "scattered" or lost light, not a wanted effect

I suspect we are taking about red laser sights here and you confirmed they are a challenge in detecting the origin.