Fiance Visa for the UK

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
My Fiance is Costa Rican but lives in DR and has dual nationality. She came to the UK in April for a month and then in August we applied for a Fiance Visa. On the Border agency website, it has last months applications and time it took. Nearly all of them were done after 3 weeks, yet we're in the 8th week now and still no news.
When we call up they just say we only advise via Email once complete. Anyone know of any reason why it would take so long? Or a number for the UK visa embassy in Kingston Jamaica as they are who deal with it?
Starting to pull my hair out now! :S

Ant

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
As you can see on the following link, if you select dominican republic.

UK Border Agency | Visa processing times in Dominican Republic

It gives a list of all applications they have received and how long they took to process ( in working days)

Every single application was done by 40 days (8 weeks)

Myself and my fiance are now in week 9 making us the longest application during this period since June.

:( Any advice?

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Boniouk...

As per the website it says:

"You can use this information as a guide to how long it may take to process your application, but we cannot guarantee that your application will be processed within that time. This is because of the unique circumstances of each case."

It also says this data was based on completed files in July 2011.

Maybe they are busy. I wouldn't panic yet.

They also say:

"90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date

If we have taken more than 3 weeks (for non-settlement visas) or 3 months (for settlement visas) to process your application, and we have not published a news story to explain the delay, you can email our commercial partner WorldBridge Services https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/SendAnEmail.aspx?&dest=GB&origin=DO.

You can find the email form on the WorldBridge in Dominican Republic website. We will not respond to your enquiry if you contact us before this time has elapsed"

Have you tried sending an inquiry?

Last edited: