Safari Truck Excursion

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
This weekend I went on a Safari Truck Excursion we are selling to take some photos and better understand the tour. The excursion is a really nice experience far from the resorts where guests visit a local school/community project; pass through sugar cane fields; visit the Basilica in Higuey; visit two local ranches for a crash course on cocoa, coffee, and tobacco production. Also at the ranches, in the Cordillera Oriental Mountain Range, visitors can go horseback riding and are treated to a big Dominican buffet lunch. I really enjoyed myself.

You can read more about the tour here: Monster Truck Safari | Punta Cana Tours

Some photos:

basilica.jpg

cigars.jpg

cocoa.jpg

horseriding.jpg

lunch.jpg

safaritruck.jpg

school.jpg

spider.jpg

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~My family and I have been on another Safari tour from Bavaro that ventured into the mountains, pass by sugar cane field and Dominican School and Coffee factory and a stop for a traditional Dominican Lunch....I think this one sounds better being you actually stop at the Basilica of Higuey rather then zip past it in the bus trying to snap photos and the horse back riding is nice addition as well...

~Perhaps we will look into this tour on one of our next trips down to Punta Cana~

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~ That's where the other tour ended as well...that's always a nice way to end the day cooling off in the wave actionat Macao~

~I thought the snake guy looked familiar; we saw him as we were leaving the Coffee-Cocoa Factory....is he at the same location on your tour??

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
~ That's where the other tour ended as well...that's always a nice way to end the day cooling off in the wave actionat Macao~

~I thought the snake guy looked familiar; we saw him as we were leaving the Coffee-Cocoa Factory....is he at the same location on your tour??

Although I wouldn't consider it a coffee-cocoa factory, since it was just a small community who developed the produce, it may be the same person since we saw him right after tasting coffee, cocoa and some typical fruits.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Although I wouldn't consider it a coffee-cocoa factory, since it was just a small community who developed the produce, it may be the same person since we saw him right after tasting coffee, cocoa and some typical fruits.

~Same place...as I would not call it a "Factory" per say, as it is that small community in the campo...

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Wow! Incredible, is the snake man Dominican? Never known one who wouldn't kill both the snake and the tarantuala immediately!

Nice looking tour, always nice to see horses in the East, where they know what leather saddles with stirrups are!

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
On my first trip to Punta Cana 8 years ago I did the Monster Truck Safari, and it was from that trip I fell in love with the country!
The mountains are just as georgous as the beaches, and people really need to go explore more.