Murder, Grief and Sadness

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
:cry: My whole extended family and I, PJT, received a devastating blow the past week on Wednesday, Sept 14. My brother-in-law, Octavio Marquez, ?Tavo?, was murdered in the streets, 163rd, in North Miami.

You cannot fathom the gut-wrenching feeling the whole family has experienced due to this unexpected loss and violent ending of the life of a loving father, true family member, and a warm friend to all. It is hard for me, PJT, to put into words this profound emptiness as I have few words to express my feelings. I am at a loss to be eloquent in my expression of hurt, for the whole family and myself at this sad point in time.

He was returning home in his car from work and was attacked without warning by automatic gunfire in the street, in front of the Mall at 163rd St. He did not having time to defend himself from the assassin(s). He was able to remove himself from the car, exit to the rear, and collapsed in the street from multiple gun wounds, his life bled out of him.

He is a Dominicano and US Citizen, his 56th birthday was last Tuesday, the 20th. He leaves behind a loving wife, teenage daughter, four adult sons, five sisters, one older brother, and an extended family of many nieces, nephews, cousins and good friends. He was a joy to be around with as the room would light up when he arrived, a positive person, a fun person. He was a hard worker, doing building maintenance in condo units in Adventura, the residents loved him.

Why he was assassinated? We do not know.

If any of the fine people reading this post know anything of this happening please contact the Miami-Dade police.

The following websites provide a press report and the family?s plea for help. Please note the plea video may change with press updates over time.

WSVN-TV - Road rage victim's family makes plea

Man Gunned Down Outside Busy Shopping Center | NBC Miami

Friends, please says some prayers for Tavo and the family. Also, please say a prayer for the killer(s).

Sadly,

PJT

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What a tragedy, I'm so sorry, condolences to the entire family. Please keep us posted if anyone is arrested for this murder.

AE

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
Like Della Reese put it, "He's in a place where whatever was not right for him is now right for him".. Sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I am very sorry for what happened. May his soul rest in peace. My deepest condolences to you and your family.