Tragedy in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2011/9/27/41082/Murder-suicide-in-a-Sosua-hotel

Three foreigners, including 10 year old girl, were found dead in Sosua, northern Puerto Plata province, in what Police say was a murder-suicide.

The bodies of the victims were found in the residencial Casa Linda, in Sosua, where reportedly the German man was found hanging, and the Venezuelan woman and her daughter had signs of strangulation.

The authorities said it was a murder suicide, but there?s been no official statement.

The German reportedly also shot his wife several times, and then his daughter, a dog and a cat.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The Dominican news say he left a note saying that he loved his wife, and to let her grandmother in Venezuela know that they were 'innocent of what happened in Venezuela', and that he had no choice.

AE

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Not sure the picture in the Dominican Today was of Casa Linda, so not sure where this tragedy took place. But irregardless a true Tragedy.

Bob K

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
I read in a dominican newspaper for a week ago, that 120 woman has been killed by their husband and 16 housband has been killed by their wife from 1 .january to September this year.

Use of Violence happens often in a dominican family.
Often must a woman stay with a violent husband , since she has no other place to live or can not survive economily alone in a another place with her children.

Strange that nobody heard the shoting and checked what happend in his house, since he later had time to hang himself..

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I read in a dominican newspaper for a week ago, that 120 woman has been killed by their husband and 16 housband has been killed by their wife from 1 .january to September this year.

Use of Violence happens often in a dominican family.
Often must a woman stay with a violent husband , since she has no other place to live or can not survive economily alone in a another place with her children.

Strange that nobody heard the shoting and checked what happend in his house, since he later had time to hang himself..

This was NOT a Dominican family - the husband was German, the wife Venezuelan.

AE

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
I'm shock. I send my condolence to the families. Please, let us show some respect for this family and not make any speculations or judgments. I'm truly sad about this news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 4, 2010
Un?alem?n mata a su?esposa e hija en Puerto Plata y luego se suicida

Se llama Roman Buchenauer y su esposa Zuyin Rivas, ambos perseguidos por la justicia venezolana, realizaron estafas multimillonarias, mas de 20 millones de dolares, afectando a muchas familias y personas incluyendome, la interpol nunca lo busco a el por su nacionalidad alemana, sin embargo tambien era venezolano, aqui les paso los datos de el y su esposa.

Roman Monika Buchenauer, C.i. E-82.139.591
Zuyin Rosmery Rivas Cerme?o, C.i. V-15.907.232

Les pido a las autoridades de Dominicana revisen sus cuentas y si esta en sus manos me ayuden, tengo las pruebas legales de lo que me estafo, la denuncia y datos que demuestran la realidad de mi historia.

mi mail: Armandojgc@hotmail.com

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
WARNING!! Extremely Graphic Crime Scene Coverage:
aleman mata a su familia luego se suicida en sosua - YouTube

Man, when Dominican press show a murder scene, they show all the graphic details.....something I find a little unsettling with the Dominican news........

.....you would never, ever see reporting like this on the 6:00 p.m. news in the U.S........there would be so many viewers calling in to complain, it would be unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
FritoBandito,

I don't know how you could you have posted a link to the crime scene. It is repulsive. I'm sure that if it had been one your family members YOU would have shown more discretion.
<O:p</O:p

FritoBandito, I have no words to describe what I'm thinking of you at this time.

I hope the moderators do something about this. Remove this tread. This is not a circus.

I though this tread was for the mourning of the tragic end of this family.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
FritoBandito,

I don't know how you could you have posted a link to the crime scene. It is repulsive. I'm sure that if it had been one your family members YOU would have shown more discretion.

FritoBandito, I have no words to describe what I'm thinking of you at this time.

I hope the moderators do something about this. Remove this tread. This is not a circus.

I though this tread was for the mourning of the tragic end of this family.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger.....and, I wasn't the first person to post that news link in this thread, if you haven't noticed.......

Maybe that's one thing you don't know about the DR, Tony, they don't sugar coat the news down here, and many foreigners like myself, find murder scene reporting like this to be in very bad taste.....I guess it's a cultural thing in the DR.....Dominicans want all the gory details..........

Jul 4, 2010
While we all feel deeply for any tragic loss of life, many of us also share a forensic interest in these cases. I thank the poster for sharing the crime scene video, and his warning of the graphic nature of the same. John Mirador

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This is perfectly normal news reporting in this country. No one has to watch it if they don't want to. Just because it is not done in your home Country does not mean you have to force your values on us.

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
This is not about imposing values on anyone. It is about been tactful and considerate. May this family R.I.P.
Matthew 11:25-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.​

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I took my/this post from another thread and it did not post as I had hoped but here it is with some bolding added:

"But that is what "journalism" and selling papers or TV news is all about. People flock to it and eat it up.

Look at the new thread regarding the German and family right here on DR1. Some people just HAVE TO comment, speculate and bring up ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING that they can find and even invent all by themselves. No facts, no first hand knowledge. No respect. Just what the not so good "journalist" publish that includes may right here on DR1. They become experts and know everything .... other then the truth or respect.

We have seen this over and over with some of the victims being my friends or neighbors.

I will say that I have had to introduce my sidekick Bob twice in the last couple of months. Bob is my 9MM and as the old credit card commercial says: "Don't leave home without it".

Those that arrive with their brains (most don't) and are not here for the sex and/or drug trade and keep a low profile while having fun should have no problem. Those looking the the sex and drugs I wish all the problems come there way. Those that are loud and flashy set themselves up too.

Regards"

I've never understood why some people just have to be so rude and down right..... ?

R.I.P.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Its a story that pops up all over the world every month at least one time these day's. I find these stories real tragedies because whatever the events are that lead to such a disaster, the children involved had nothing to do with it so for me they are the real victims.

My deepest condolences to the family.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Maybe because I am in the medical field but when I was forewarned of the "graphic nature" of the news clip, I expected much worse. I do not think that it was in bad taste, its the news, and sometimes the news isn't pretty. Maybe if we showed more news like this in the states people would start caring a little more.....visuals are 10x better than spoken or written word

SHALENA

Que Dios les bendiga

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Maybe because I am in the medical field but when I was forewarned of the "graphic nature" of the news clip, I expected much worse. I do not think that it was in bad taste, its the news, and sometimes the news isn't pretty. Maybe if we showed more news like this in the states people would start caring a little more.....visuals are 10x better than spoken or written word

SHALENA

Que Dios les bendiga

Not a chance, because you become immune to it (the same way you are, because of the field you are in).

Condolences to the family.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I can find a little sympathy in my heart for the guy and his wife, who apparently succumbed to the pressure, I will leave it in the middle whether or not the guy and his wife embezzled 20M dollars, and whether or not they were guilty of this. Unfortunately this is a phenomenon which is becoming more and more frequent all over the world, and is caused by stress.

Families committing suicide, people going crazy and taking a shotgun to public buildings, etc... Sadly enough it tells us something of the society we live in, and apparently politicians are unwilling to see this and act upon it.

Having said this... there is no excuse for a desperate family to involve their children in their problems. The child here apparently had a loving grandmother... so if they wanted to kill themselves, they should at least have sent the child to her granny.

Status
Not open for further replies.