Toronto to POP or SDQ /

Tileguy

Nov 30, 2010
Hi there,

I'm researching group travel for (3 trips X 50 persons each ) , begining 24 April to May 18.
West Jet won't work - they stop end of April. Anyone know of other (charter) airlines who fly then?
thanks

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
Westjet flies weekly Toronto to El Catey though April and May and has a special department to assist groups

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
Just tried WestJet's online reservations and they do have flights in May into Puerto Plata. They reduce their frequency from 3/wk down to one. Check with them again.........

dropshort

May 18, 2008
SpiritAir flies from Niagara Falls NY to FLL and onto SDQ.
Westjet flies year round to PUJ.
Check Air Transat and Sunwing.

Tileguy

Nov 30, 2010
Hi Everyone
thanks for the info!!! - West Jet's group department gave incorrect info to me - "all flights to POP stop end of April", meanwhile call centre (individual ticket sales) says otherwise - flights go from 3 a week to Fridays only. Project is in Ocoa, so either POP or SDQ. Buffalo/US is not an option, flight must have YYZ departure....

Tileguy

Nov 30, 2010
An update.... West Jet YYZ to POP round trip, departure 24 April for 50 persons $728.00 each, allowable 10% attrition rate 60 days advance, no charge. wow.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Just tried WestJet's online reservations and they do have flights in May into Puerto Plata. They reduce their frequency from 3/wk down to one. Check with them again.........

Yes, true...I've flown to to POP 2x in May... and WJ usually flies once a week from TO or Montreal to POP... WJ is probably your most reliable carrier at this time with the impending Air Canada strike. Although it's likely to have been resolved way before your travel time, I'd be leary making a large booking with the threat of strikes looming...

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
I fly WJ all the time. They are the best. TIP: they always allow one bag free, and a "humanitarian" bag at no additional charge. I usually book that ahead of time so they know I'm bringing it. You can put all kinds of stuff in it as long as not your personal belongings. So if you are coming to do humanitarian work, check out if they will let you bring an extra bag full of stuff to give away.