Looking for a job in La Romana area.

Sep Colson

May 27, 2007
Hello,

I am a Belgian preschool teacher, living in la romana and looking for a job overhere? It doesn't have to be a teaching job but if so...that would be sweet! I speak Dutch, English and Spanish. My French and German is ok but need some refreshing.

All advice is welcome and job offers even more :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
All I can tell you is that right now most schools are pretty much staffed. If you are in La Romana, go over to "Dom Ham" and ask to speak to the owner. This place is over near the Clinica de Dr. Canela.

The owner is Carlos (known as Carlitos) and he knows everyone and everything there is to know about La Romana.

Good luck.

HB

Sep Colson

May 27, 2007
ok, it's not much ...but i go check with Mister " know it all - La Romana " :) Thnx for the tip! And yes, i know my timing for a teaching job is kinda bad...that's why i was hoping on some luck for something else or better luck here.

More tips and advice siempre bienvenido :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not much?
Well, gee whiz....I am sure you will meet someone who knows more about the city...

Are all Belgians (beggars) so ungrateful?

Sorry I said anything.

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Not much?
Well, gee whiz....I am sure you will meet someone who knows more about the city...

Are all Belgians (beggars) so ungrateful?

Sorry I said anything.

HB
Must be a cultural thing...

Sep Colson

May 27, 2007
Hey Guys...if i offended you in some way or another...Sorry,not my intention...just looking for a job. Like i said in my earlier message : Hillbilly thnx for the tip(= I guess this means being ungratefully in my country, as well as pushing the "I like button). If i said this is not much, than i guess i was hoping you could understand that i am happy with the tip (The owner is Carlos (known as Carlitos) and he knows everyone and everything there is to know about La Romana.) but it's not like i will be sure i have work found or have a name from a company with job openings.That would be more to my opinion NOW. Anyway i was hoping to pass by this guy next week....and if this turns out great... i will for sure tell you that i was wrong with thinking it wasn't much!
So again thnx for the tip , I Like.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe not, but then again you don't have much to offer, do you? You are an out of work, kiddie teacher, with no relations in this country, no work record, nothing really to help you get a job.

So I point out one of the persons who is friendly and knows most of La Romana's in and outs as a starting point.

Do you realize that insignificant people like yourself can live for ten years in La Romana and not meet a person with his contacts. And you say, "It's not much."

Now what do you expect? Perhaps placement at the La Romana Corporation School? While it is a remote possibility, you do not even know where it is, do you? Have you gone there to seek an interview? What the fcku have you done besides complain?

Nobody in this country owes you one d@mn thing. We don't owe you spit.

You messed up.

HB

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
HB you are right, for those who know how things work here what you sent was PRICELESS!!!!! For those who don't know - well they will learn at their own risk!

OP you have been given a HUGE tip, use it wisely and don't say well maybe I will get over there this week. Do you or don't you actually want to find a job??? Get your A$$ in gear and get over there.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
When you live here long enough you see it all the time: a foreigner comes to the DR, sees what he thinks are simple, uneducated people, and thinks his fancy foreign degree means he can just walk in and show the local uneducated heathens how it's done...