half dominican half english baby passport

caribbeanmummy

Oct 2, 2011
my boyfriend and me just have a beautiful daughter, he is english and i am dominican. which are the documents that we will need to get her an english passport??? i called the embassy but they didnt give me a clear info about this...

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Felicidadeeeeeeeeees!

I don't know about the passport though :-(

SHALENA

caribbeanmummy

Oct 2, 2011
where can i get the baby birth act translated

hi i checked the link you sent, it says i need a birth act translated into english. do you have an idea where can i translate it and how much it cost??

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I am not sure but I assume you need an authorised translator, so I suggest you ask the embassy for their list of approved translators, or alternatively ask a friendly lawyer as they usually know. The cost shouldn't be that much but sorry I have no idea of the actual price.

Matilda

barneyinthedr

Oct 2, 2011
Congratulations,

If you are living here in Puerto Plata why not stop in and use the British Consular office based in Beller,
they should be able to point you in the right direction, i.e the process, the passport forms and of course the price.

From what i can remember when i registered my son, i had to go to the JCE office and register my son and then buy the extended birth certificate with the legalized stamp.
At that time the Embassy never asked for the birth certificate to be translated.

Then as with all British passports you need to fill the British passport form out for your child and get someone approved to sign the child's photograph.

Good Luck !!!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Let me know how you get on. We have just had twins (three days ago) and I will be doing the same. I am a Brit and my missus is Dominican. I have to pick up their birth certificates from the Santiago JCE next week. They were born in La Union Medica in Santiago.

Congrats by the way

caribbeanmummy

Oct 2, 2011
ok

yes i went to the embassy here in pto plata but they dont have a clue of nothing there, they just gave me a web site where the info is, i found somebody to do it. cheers to all for the replay. i will post the results here when iget it all done. :classic: