Bringing Leaflets from Canada

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
If anyone is coming to the north coast of the Dominican Republic from Canada within the next few weeks and would be willing to bring some leaflets down, publicizing the orphanage in Haiti which we support, please would you send me a personal mail.

The Project is run totally by volunteers and we try to keep expenses to an absolute minimum, which is why we are trying to avoid using a courier service.

I think this is the correct place for this post but if the moderator considers it appropriate, please could we also show this on living, where we would stand a better chance of it being seen?

Thanks all,
Linda.

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Linda,

I am only just seeing this message now, and although (I'm so sorry) I don't have any friends coming from home just now I'd like to know more about the project. Is there a link you could send? I've been wanting to do some kind of volunteering (perhaps over next summer) in Haiti...please do let me know!

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Volunteering at Messef Orphanage

Thanks so much for your interest. The orphanage we support is called Messef and is located in Ouanaminthe, Haiti, just across the border from Dejabon in the Dominican Republic. We are based in the Dominican Republic but raise funds to help support the orphanage and make a visit around once a month. It may be possible for us to arrange some volunteering for you, but we would not be able to stay with you for a prolonged period.

Here is the website address:
Home - Friends of Messef

Please let me know if you would like any more information. We'd love for you to get involved.

Best wishes,
Linda Stapleton de Martinez
Coordinator,
Friends of Messef

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Great! Thank you! If you're based in the DR, as well, I'd be more than happy to be involved from here. I'm checking out the site right now and will be in touch soon!

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Thanks so much for this, Linda. I've posted the link to my Facebook, and I'd love to be involved from here in the DR, at the very least. I have a young (5 year old) daughter, and as a teacher at a local school I'd like to hold a used toy and clothing drive (with their approval) to help benefit to start...

I'll be in touch again very soon. Am emailing the big bosses right now!! Let's get this ball rolling... :)

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Yes, under normal circumstances it probably would be but one of our supporters in Canada wanted to donate this and searched around for a friendly printer who did it more or less for cost and doubled our order as his donation to the orphanage. That's why they are in Canada. We were expecting to have another supporter bring them down shortly but their trip has been postponed and the person who organised it is keen that we have them asap. If we have to pay the high rates some postal services charge, we'll just wait until they come down. We try to make every peso/dollar/pound count and keep expenses to a bare minimum.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Hi, Thanks very much for the offer. I hope we may have someone who can bring them before then but I will let you know if we need your help. At most we would be looking at about 1,000 leaflets, A4 folded in three. I don't know the weight but I could find out for you if we need your help.

Thanks again.

Best wishes,
Linda.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Thank You

Thanks, have a great weekend, too.

Lolitula, Please send me your email address and I can send you a lot more information, a leaflet to use, our latest newsletter etc.