For the ladies, must watch this!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mMaTRTzUx9g?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mMaTRTzUx9g?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I tried to watch the video. It is a story seen often on DR1. It could have been told in 5 minutes instead of 55.
I can't believe she was so clueless or that she let it go on so long. I would have ditched the guy at the airport.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Even more telling is her video on getting robbed in Santo Domingo. You can see the wear and tear the trip took on her. She's a New Yorker and well travelled, so don't think she's terribly naive. She's either really lucky or really unlucky, not sure which.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
PICHARDO, this is the absolute worst video I've ever seen.

The incessant rambling, the stumbling and bumbling around, the lack of focus, the inability to stay on-topic-I couldn't sit through it even as background noise. I had to stop it halfway through, even though she had only gotten to the part where her and her boyfriend were running errands in Boca Chica in the car she was "forced" to rent.

The only point this video makes is that people who get caught up in these situations are a combination of mental illness, immaturity and stupidity. Homeland Security should screen people like her and not allow them to travel. Not for their safety, for OURS.

They should at least be forced to wear hats like the Shriners do so we can identify them and steer clear of them.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
I agree
could not even get to halftime
painful to watch
if she was rambling like that when she got off the plane ,I too would have said I was married with children!
Manu

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Ok I watched this painfully long video all the way through. At first I thought she was the most stupid and uninformed person in the world. Then towards the end it became funny and she kind of ended with a good message. However who in the hell goes to a country obviously without any research to meet and stay with some guy you know nothing about. If you are going to be that dumb then at least prepare yourself to be able to be on your own so you are not at the mercy of this person. Wow, girlfriend rambled way too much and this should have been a much shorter video. For someone who claims to be well traveled her actions are those of a young naive fool. She had better be careful because if she keeps going the way that she is something bad might happen.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
However who in the hell goes to a country obviously without any research to meet and stay with some guy you know nothing about.

Many!!!!!!! Desperate times, desperate means.

I dont get it either!!!

Feb 7, 2007
This is the Colonial Zone...I will give you a proper tour ... That is called Casa de Colon, they have like this old setup... straight across here is a river....

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
I think if this chick made a video of herself before taking CIA truth serum, and then after, she would basically sound and talk in exactly the same manner before and after. This chick is a total ditz. She is completely scattered brained and she talks in this stream of consciousness style that is at the same time completely inane yet also captivating. Her long stretches of drivel are punctuated with trenchant, intelligent or funny observations. And her stream of consciousness is so honest it gives us a view into the corners of her psyche. I am shocked and disgusted by her disgust of poverty. But she has described a large segment of Dominican society, spot on.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I think if this chick made a video of herself before taking CIA truth serum, and then after, she would basically sound and talk in exactly the same manner before and after. This chick is a total ditz. She is completely scattered brained and she talks in this stream of consciousness style that is at the same time completely inane yet also captivating. Her long stretches of drivel are punctuated with trenchant, intelligent or funny observations. And her stream of consciousness is so honest it gives us a view into the corners of her psyche. I am shocked and disgusted by her disgust of poverty. But she has described a large segment of Dominican society, spot on.

You rock as a reviewer!!!!! Can I follow you somewhere???

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
There are so many things wrong with this scenario. Where to begin? First of all, no intelligent woman would make travel plans to go to another country alone to meet up with a man she has never met in person and to stay for several weeks at his home which she has also never seen etc. If she really wanted to meet up with said friend, she should have first confirmed what city he actually lives, book a flight and hotel to that city and arrange for him to meet her somewhere in a nice safe public place, once she's settled in. And the thing that really irriates me is the stupidity of this woman. Once she got to Higuey and reallized he was trying to put the moves on her at the hotel, showed her a gun and found out he had a wife, why didn't she just cut her losses, travel by bus back to Punta Cana or to wherever she wanted to go according to her Lonely Planet guide book and find herself a nice hotel and enjoy the rest of her vacation until she had to return home? Why continue to associate with this loser who was obviously a liar and a cheat and then waste our time bitching about it? In my opinion she got what she deserved for being way too stupid. She did not do much research into travelling to DR before going there if she was shocked and surprised to see the living conditions and doesn't seem to street smarth either for a New Yorker. Too much drama if you ask me went into the procuction of this video. About 2/3 of it was useless info about her need of a pedi, bugs distracting her etc...

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Some people try to get rich and famous out of their own silly mistakes. I would not be surprised if she is working on her own book, movie, and training program about how to "Bounce Back after a Sanky Trap."

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I can see it now, honey where are the kids? Well hang on I'll get my note book, ok um ok,let's take a walk, well um I didn't even want to tell you but um, wait wait, it's raining, let's move. um well let's see, the kids oh yeah, um ok ok. oh look at my feet I think I need pedicure...............................................................................................

you get the idea. Wonder if she is like that all the time? ;)

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
This is why I travel to the DR to meet women. lol. What a ditz. And she travels alone? And she rides the publicos alone? (from the robbery video) This women could not find her way to the pedestrian walk on the Brooklyn Bridge (and stay out of traffic) let alone get in the correct publico in SD. omg...help.

Jared Wilson

Apr 12, 2011
IDK from the 23 seconds I heard, she sounds like every other woman I ever met . "me" BLAH BLAH BLAH "I" YAK YAK YAK "me" YAK YAK "my" BLAH BLAH

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I am amazed at the amount of people who actually watched the video. :)

I was done after 1 minute.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I am amazed at the amount of people who actually watched the video. :)

I was done after 1 minute.

Here's the strange thing about me, I have to stick to what I begin even if I know it's a waste of my life. :laugh:

I've done the same with movies thinking it just had to get better but it's ok I can easily go into space while waiting so it's all good. :laugh: