A New Playero!?!

Aug 21, 2007
Ran into Playero today to pick up a couple of things. As I checked out, the clerk did something that almost made me faint on the spot.

She handed me two small slips of paper and asked me to bring them back tomorrow. The first was a form asking what products Playero does not carry that I would like to see them stock. (Mike I, this is your big chance to get imported beef and lemons!)

The second slip asks for suggestions and for us to rate their service!

I believe Sosua IS changing for the better. This alone is Earth shaking!!!

I was reluctant to post this, as I know that what will follow is a litany of complaints and "horror stories" about the store, but let's do give a little credit where credit is due. It looks like they working to improve and be more client centered.

I applaud their efforts. Better late than never!

Lindsey

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I believe the first slip has to do with the addition to the store under construction. With more space they will be able to stock more products.

Not surprised about the second. I know that Gino and Rosi are very interested in good service. Each time there is a complaint posted I send it to them and am always thanked. The obviously can't be aware of everything that goes on in the store so depend on feedback to identify problems that need correction

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
This is great! I'm happy Playero's working on perfecting their Customer Service...oh how I miss that easy shopping from here in Cabrera, where it's hard to find some of my creature comforts :)

Horror stories or not, the best thing is they're interested in making the experience better for their customers; this is good :)

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
As always Playero has been my favorite store!!!! Love them to death just wish I was a little closer but I still make the drive to come out there at least 2 a month. Now if someone would just carry instant pudding mixes that are not sugar free. I have checked all grocery stores from here to Santiago and every single one that carries the instant pudding boxes are only in sugar free. Hint hint playero!!! Also I would kill for them to carry collard greens. I see every now and again where they have mustard and kale greens which I buy up immediately but Collard greens are the the absolute best. Hey Ken can you forward this request to them as I am not likely to be back in Sosua for another 2 weeks.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
sure, meregirl, I am going to refer them to the entire thread.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Meregirl, collard greens. Where are you from, girl? It can't be any further South than Mississippi...that's my original home. If you find them, let me know. Also, my sister makes chicken 'n' dumplings and cornbread. Want to come for dinner?

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Meregirl, collard greens. Where are you from, girl? It can't be any further South than Mississippi...that's my original home. If you find them, let me know. Also, my sister makes chicken 'n' dumplings and cornbread. Want to come for dinner?

Girl I am from Cleveland, Oh but my family is originally from Alabama and Collard greens are my favorite food in the world. Hmmm chicken n dumplins yes I want to come for dinner. I am in Puerto Plata missing my southern foods.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I will admit I am not a big fan of the store, but WOW things maybe a changing. Good for them and I hope they follow through on the infromation they get. It would be nice to see the changes. Cudos!

Bob K

krwilson

Apr 18, 2008
NOW, we all need to make a point to actually fill out the papers and return them. I received mine yesterday and returned them today! It's like voting, if you don't do it, don't bitch.

And for two days in a row the cashiers asked me about getting a Playero discount card. That was another first for me, never have been asked in the past ... years past!

Aug 21, 2007
I turned my list in today. However, if other dr1 members would like to add their requests to this thread, I will make sure Playero sees this. (That is, if Ken doesn't do so first!)

Lindsey

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
How many of the items that people are requesting are likely to sell in enough quantity to pay the store to stock them?

Re low fat cheese, Lindsey, Playero has a very good low fat Jarlsburg cheese that is sold at the meat counter along with turkey breast, ham, etc. They also have a soy cheese that is low fat or fat free. My son, who can eat only soy cheese says it is much better than the soy cheese he buys in the US.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Thanks Lindsey,

Lemons and Veal Scallopini are confirmed ....going to POP tomorrow to buy a a huge chunk of Prime Rib,

Let me know if you want a slice or two.

And I am also going to Pizza Hut so place your order now..!

Last edited:

tballerina

Aug 20, 2009
What I missed when I was there was a larger variety of non-dairy milk: soy, almond, rice, etc. oh, and fresh fish. Pass it along.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
Lindsey,
I turned in the following list last night, but before I was out the door, the employees were passing it around and seemed to be having a good laugh for some reason. Maybe it was my Spanish?

Twenty Mule Team Borax detergente para la ropa

Oxi-Clean stain remover (Oxi-Clean) (disponible en Supermercado Nacional)
Quitamanchas Oxi-Clean

Horseradish - Super Hot (Atomic)
r?bano picante sin salsa

Planters Pistachio Lovers Mix (Planters)
Nueces de pistacho mezcla

Franks Hot Sauce 12 oz. (Franks)
Salsa picante, Franks

Bragg – Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg) (Disponible en Jose Luis)
Org?nicos sin filtrar vinagre de manzana

Triscuits, Original, 9.5 oz. galletas (Nabisco)

Taylor Pork Roll (Tambi?n conocido como Taylor Ham)

Thomas English muffins (disponible en Supermercado Nacional)

Tropicana Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice ?gallon fresh squeezed (Tropicana) (Disponible en Pricemart)
El jugo de toronja rojo rub? ? galon reci?n exprimido

Mixed green salad, cleaned and washed (Disponible en City Market & Supermercado Nacional)
Ensalada verde, limpia y lavada

Loose unpackaged vegetables/Verduras sueltas (Disponible en City Market & Jose Luis)
Muchos paquetes en Playero han echado a perder un punto en el paquete

Chocolate pudding and pie filling (Jell-O) (Disponible en Jose Luis)

Celery Salt/sal de apio (Disponible en Supermercado Nacional)

Mediterranean Sea Salt/ Mar Mediterr?neo Sal (Disponible en Supermercado Nacional)