Jazz Festival in November

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

As of Thursday, November 10 until Saturday, November 12 the annual Jazz Festival in Cabarete and Santiago will be held again. In Cabarete, the festival will take place on the beach. In Santiago the Center Leon will give its full cooperation. Besides performances in the evenings of world-renowned jazz musicians from the USA, Cuba, Venezuela and Brazil, at daytime there will be held workshops where the upcoming talents have the opportunity to improve their skills with the help of the jazz masters. The exact programm of the Jazz Festival will soon be announced in Sos?a-News. Negotiations on contracts with various jazz musicians are in fact ongoing.

The organization for the cultural development of Sos?a (ADSSos?a) wants Sos?a also to participate in the Jazz Festival. But they are still looking for sponsors who can make it possible for Sos?a.

Aug 21, 2007
There is at least one renown jazz musician living in our area. If the organizers care to contact me, I can forward the information.

Lindsey

Aug 21, 2007
There is at least one renown jazz musician living in our area. If the organizers care to contact me, I can forward the information.

Lindsey

Great news! Unfortunately will miss it as we will only get to the area end of november. DR1 should really start a calendar of activities for the area (and the others too), sometimes we turistas would love to organize our trips around such activities.