Pumpkin Pie ...in Sosua....Britannia Canadian Thanks Giving was Tastey !...Yum

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Britannia restaurant in Sosua served up an excellent Thanksgiving meal today with moist and tender turkey and of course all of the fixings.

I am looking forward to the American Thanksgiving ( November 24 ) and Rocky's used to provide a great spread so let's see what happens !

I will buy at both places because I usually order 2 meals.

Is anyone making Lemon Meringue Pies this year because I won't have any on that date unless there is a Miracle!

PC

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Britannia restaurant in Sosua served up an excellent Thanksgiving meal today with moist and tender turkey and of course all of the fixings.

I am looking forward to the American Thanksgiving ( November 24 ) and Rocky's used to provide a great spread so let's see what happens !

Is anyone making Lemon Meringue Pies this year because I won't have any on that date unless there is a Miracle!

PC

I ate at Britannia for American Thanksgiving last year. It was tasty yummy and scrumdillyicious,,,,and that was just the lime from my cuba libre...............

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Oh common guy's...bring on those lemons for Mike, pleaaaaase!!!. His pies last year were to die for.
Hope to hear from Rocky's soon even if its without Mike's pies.

Acira

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I'll be in Sosua this year for Thanksgiving, though I will be incognito........though you might spot me walking around town with my emergency bano coffee-can tied around my neck..............

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I missed Thanksgiving dinner this past weekend in Cabrera (we were moving and opted for La Catalina and shrimp ahhaha) but thanks for the news! I'm thinking we'll make like Americans and head out there for Thanksgiving in November :)

Happy Tx to all the fellow Canucks!

Dec 21, 2008
Sounds like the Britannia put on a spread.

We had our Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner at the Jolly Roger. Fabulous meal was put on and of course, I ate too much!

I'm sure that all the establishments that put on a traditional dinner did a great job.

We should give thanks for everything that we have and give thanks to all those businesses who catered to us Canadians!

Cheers!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
pity the British dont celebrate anything - we could do november the 5th I suppose but its difficult to get excited about parkin , toffee apples and baked potatoes and treacle toffee

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Britannia Pub

PC

The Britannia is one of my favourite places, good food and view to the street. Sue and Ray are always pleasant, good daily specials.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike could you get me Joys E-mail address my e-mail address is atoalster1943@yahoo.com, I really need to talk to her and if you know her please have her respond to me. Thank you so much

If you are talking about the english lady " Joy " I don't have her email address but she bakes muffins for Gorditos and they would have her email

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
pity the British dont celebrate anything - we could do november the 5th I suppose but its difficult to get excited about parkin , toffee apples and baked potatoes and treacle toffee

ah, this is the problem with being the former superpower...nothing to be independent of.

Though, once she pops her clogs, i shall be voting for an annual party to celebrate Maggie Thatcher's demise!