Corruption-Politur, etc.

Keiser777

Feb 18, 2008
havn't been in Sosua (or DR) for a while, have read the posts here re changes in Sosua, new Alcade, Politur, orders:), etc. are tehre any real changer with respect to teh tourist protection or is the all "old same" (i.e. to any minor accident tourista is culpa to get you pay $, police corruption to stop you for no reason with rental car just to look how to grab some $, supermarket cheating, etc.).

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
havn't been in Sosua (or DR) for a while, have read the posts here re changes in Sosua, new Alcade, Politur, orders:), etc. are tehre any real changer with respect to teh tourist protection or is the all "old same" (i.e. to any minor accident tourista is culpa to get you pay $, police corruption to stop you for no reason with rental car just to look how to grab some $, supermarket cheating, etc.).

??????????????????????????????????

Its terrible I suggest you dont come. We will miss you. SMH

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Why would you even consider coming back to the DR after you previous comments? Seems you've made up your mind.

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
the politur is so bad they had the audacity to stop and ask me if i was ok at 4 in the morning when it was apparent i had a few too many and bring me home. those bastards

Keiser777

Feb 18, 2008
yeah, seems to me that no one wants to argue with this "Sousa defender" crowd. sure, Sousa is the best place on earth, best beach on the planet, most friendly people in the world, ah.. and almost forgot; druged Haitian hookers are the most beautiful girls in the western hemesphire

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Yikes! I was just in Sosua again over the weekend and had a perfect time. People were friendly, all was the same as I remembered. I never have had a single issue with Politur or any other kind of police...maybe it's cause I don't take drugs, prostitute myself, or get into otherwise 'unsavoury' behaviour ;)