Bahia Principe Closes

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It's not that Frank, I'm sure someone will come along and explain to us why we can't understand that this means tourism is actually increasing. :)

Geez, this kind of reminds me of Obama stating the recession was officially over in 2009. It wouldn't be so bad if he would just give me the car and house he promised. :)

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I Spoke with one of the Hotel Managers in Playa Dorada who insisted the Hotel will reopen in December. This was a notice sent out by the Hotel to one of my clients.

"All the installations of Bah?a Pr?ncipe San Juan are closed until December 15th. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Greetings from Bahia Principe team."

Angie.

The resort is indeed closing for refurbishment and will be re-opening December 15. I have called them this morning and confirmed this with staff there directly.

It is very common for resorts to close briefly at this time of year, during "low season", to do any remodeling or renovations prior to peak season starting up.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Its in the middle of nowhere.

I always scratch my head when I see tourists on the roadside --
"Where are they going to go ??"

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Its in the middle of nowhere.

I always scratch my head when I see tourists on the roadside --
"Where are they going to go ??"
Me too.

But I'm not sure they ever recovered from the poisoning thing a couple of years ago...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I Spoke with one of the Hotel Managers in Playa Dorada who insisted the Hotel will reopen in December. This was a notice sent out by the Hotel to one of my clients.

"All the installations of Bah?a Pr?ncipe San Juan are closed until December 15th. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Greetings from Bahia Principe team."

Angie.

The resort is indeed closing for refurbishment and will be re-opening December 15. I have called them this morning and confirmed this with staff there directly.

It is very common for resorts to close briefly at this time of year, during "low season", to do any remodeling or renovations prior to peak season starting up.
"Closed for Remodeling" is usually the sign put up right before the "Going Out of Business, Everything Must Go Sale" sign...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
"Closed for Remodeling" is usually the sign put up right before the "Going Out of Business, Everything Must Go Sale" sign...

Closed Until Further Notice..

Its like a death rattle.

They had 4 wheel excursions that I see through the hills.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I heard the same as Gringo. Closed till the 15th of December for remodeling of the rooms.

As for it being in the middle of nowhere... the same can be said for the riu in POP, or the Playa Dorada in POP, or of most of the resorts in PC.

Let us just wait and see...

Feb 7, 2007
Riu Naiboa and Riu Taino in Punta Cana were also closed ... one for renovation and one for demolition and building up new Riu Palace Bavaro. ...same went for one of the Iberostars in PUJ couple of years ago ... closed for about 8 months.

Barcelo Caribe and Barcelo beach in PUJ were also closed and demolished to make space for new Barcelo Palace Deluxe. Old Barcelo Palace was closed to be renovated into Barcelo Beach ... and so on ....