Picahrdo's Agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2007
Apparently PICHARDO has some agenda, as can be seen by his post: http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/118482-expats-crime-dr.html

I ask Pichardo, what's your problem? Should we expats now gather and publish materials on all of the Dominicans committing crimes in other countries and getting deported from all over? An online access to PACER and 5 dollars of spending credit can bring more material than you will ever be able to post in 1 year!

You are forgetting about presumption of innocence (obviously we know it doesn't work in the DR). Anyway, don't you get to see FOX where you live? They've got this show, called COPS. And they very well say "all suspects are innocent until proven guilty at the court of law". While most of the people you have posted look ...to put it mildly ... not very normal ... they are still considered innocent until proven guilty at the court of law of their respective countries. Might you be surprised to see at least one or two of them walking the beaches of the DR in the future again.

I ask again: What's your agenda?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Time for NALs to post a new poll:
Pichardo is:
(a) one of the few folks on the government payroll who actually does his job (as ambassador to the dr1 forums);
(b) living in a fantasy world;
(c) right and we're all wrong.

:D

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I am waiting for the day Pichardo will try to proof us that one and one is three in the DR...

BTW Pichardo, did you read that almost 23,000 Dominican criminals were deported from the US alone during the last 6 years?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Hang on, spin me round, I was hounded the othe day as according to belmont, this county does not do illegal activity as a norm. Infact hounded by CB and Belmont for presuming many people actually choose to be here as it is a free country.
So which is it people! lol.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Time for NALs to post a new poll:
Pichardo is:
(a) one of the few folks on the government payroll who actually does his job (as ambassador to the dr1 forums);
(b) living in a fantasy world;
(c) right and we're all wrong.

:D

All of above ? :)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Well, I don't know Rubio. There are countries who still go by the Napoleanic code, which isn't derived from British law as is the USA and Canada. Nor do I know what the Dominican law structure is.
Der Fish

DR law based on Napoleanic code

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
So why are people on this site so sensitive to Pichardo's posting of foreign criminals that end up coming to The DR? Two threads have already been closed with very flimsy explanations from the mods, whereas this one has been left open...Why can't we discuss this topic? It IS DR related of course.

Maybe it's because most people on this forum are ex-pats and may not like to see their fellow "outstanding" citizens displayed for everyone to see...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Attention: Pichardo

Apparently PICHARDO has some agenda, as can be seen by his post: http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/118482-expats-crime-dr.html.................

1,256 Ex-Cons Returned to DR

Posted: 05-21-2009 02:58 PM
This post is more of a rant than anything else and no responses are expected, but 76 murderers, rapists, thieves, drug addicts, and God only knows what other kind of deviants were recently returned from the U.S. to the D.R. bringing the grand total to 1,256 this year alone!(First 5 months of 2009) Yes, I know that they have "paid their dues" with society, have been "rehabilitated" and all deserve a second chance, but I doubt very much that they will be getting jobs at the local colmado or farmacia as attendents and delivery boys. You know where this is heading and even though it is a legal procedure, this country has only so much territory to accomodate so many ex-convicts. God help us all!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Pichardo's agenda is no different that a proud American, Cananadian, Brit or Euro.

We all get pi$$y when someone disses our country, and we promote our country as well.

He brings a lot if info to DR1. I will admit one has to filter the homerism out of it.

May 12, 2005
I like Pichardo. Sure he views things through rose colored glasses but you know where he is coming from. He also provides a point of view that no one else brings and it makes for lively debate.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Love him or hate him he posts a lot of interesting stuff. Stuff that offers much more value than this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.