Fingerprints

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Hello.. My husband and I are currently working on getting our Dominican residency. Don't worry, I don't have a thousand questions about it as I know there are already so many threads full of residency information out there. However, I do have just one question about fingerprints which I couldn't find the answer to on any of the previous threads. In order to complete our residency application we must submit a cleared criminal record check from our home country, mine being Canada. In order to get this cleared criminal record check from the Canadian RCMP I need to provide them with fingerprints as shown below.

If you are OUTSIDE OF CANADA :

contact the nearest police force which offers fingerprinting services. The RCMP will accept fingerprint forms from foreign countries that contain the following:

* rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers taken with black ink
* full name, date of birth and sex of the applicant
* the name and address of the police agency
* the signature of the official taking the fingerprints

Thus, I was wondering if anyone knows if I would be able to get both these rolled and flat impressions done somewhere here in the DR? If so, where would I go to get that done. I am sure I can't get it done here in Cabrera's little police station so a trip to the capital would be fine as long as I know where I am going. Thanks so much for any information you can provide!