hideaway beach community

oakboy

Dec 20, 2010
Does anyone have any insight on this community.It is located between Sosua and Cabarete beach side.What is it like? Would it be a good place to live? Rent or own? Any draw backs? Just trying to get to know the area and any help would be good.It seems quiet hows the security? Will Hideaway beach area grow fast or slowly? Any comments would be helpful . Thanks

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
just went to eat there at chez arsenio and another great meal. when i first came to dr approx 7 yrs ago i stayed there at the condos and all i can say is they were the most beautiful i had ever seen. i fell in love with dr and brought not there but on other side of cabarete.all i can say is they have great location rightin between sousa and cabarete . in 7 yrs they have not really been developed but they appear to be a great place to live. the restaurant is great, views fantastic. not much of great beach but again views fantastic. depends what you want . i have seen some greta buys on condos. there is also land to be dev. all i can say is what everybody else will tell ya . live here for at least 6 months get the feel of the place then decide.

hope this helps

Aug 21, 2007
Hideaway Beach is next to Encuentro Beach, which has had some land controversies over the past year or two, at least. Last year's land problems made Hideaway Beach residents next door to some gun fights. It seems that things have cooled down substantially since then.

Why do you say the beach isn't great? It is next to some of the most beautiful, isolated beaches I have ever seen. When I need to clear my head, that is where I walk.

There is someone developing a housing community within Hideaway Beach. Houses look beautiful. I live in Perla Marina. Sometimes I hear gunshots at night in a distance. When I ask about it, I am told it is Hideaway Beach. I have no idea about the truthfulness in this. Just what I heard. If I were a potential buyer, I certainly would ask questions about this.

Hideaway Beach is surrounded by fincas. Thus, intruders can easily hide out, then enter at night.

I was never aware that the condos were beautiful. I would be interested in learning more......Please tell.

Lindsey

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
just went to eat there at chez arsenio and another great meal. when i first came to dr approx 7 yrs ago i stayed there at the condos and all i can say is they were the most beautiful i had ever seen. i fell in love with dr and brought not there but on other side of cabarete.all i can say is they have great location rightin between sousa and cabarete . in 7 yrs they have not really been developed but they appear to be a great place to live. the restaurant is great, views fantastic. not much of great beach but again views fantastic. depends what you want . i have seen some greta buys on condos. there is also land to be dev. all i can say is what everybody else will tell ya . live here for at least 6 months get the feel of the place then decide.

hope this helps

Two months ago. Views just OK. Service great to the point of "leave me alone". Price being very high for overall experience. Not going back and will not miss it. Party of 8 was NOT impressed.

DMLVT

Jan 12, 2004
I am an owner at Hideaway and I think it’s one of the most beautiful places in the D.R. Great location. I sent you a PM.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I used to own a company that regularly offered three of the villas in Hideaway Beach as vacation rentals. We developed a lot of experience in Hideaway Beach by renting those properties to a wide array of vacation types. In a nutshell, I would say that Hideaway Beach is a well-run community, is reasonably safe and has one of the most beautiful untouched beaches I've seen on the north coast. The community management seems a tad draconian to me but likely that could be I would have been seen as the 'competition' at that point. That said, it's a place I wouldn't hesitate to rent / live except it's too close to Cabarete for me.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I used to own a company that regularly offered three of the villas in Hideaway Beach as vacation rentals. We developed a lot of experience in Hideaway Beach by renting those properties to a wide array of vacation types. In a nutshell, I would say that Hideaway Beach is a well-run community, is reasonably safe and has one of the most beautiful untouched beaches I've seen on the north coast. The community management seems a tad draconian to me but likely that could be I would have been seen as the 'competition' at that point. That said, it's a place I wouldn't hesitate to rent / live except it's too close to Cabarete for me.

What's your point? Owner/investor?

See above post regarding food. And I do have a couple that has rented from them and us. They will never go back to them.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
What's your point? Owner/investor?

See above post regarding food. And I do have a couple that has rented from them and us. They will never go back to them.

We have supplied both Ringo and Castellamonte with piggies...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
food variable - not good in large groups as they havent learnt the art of plate warming, its a good place two eat in smaller groups or as a couple, prices seemed a fraction higher, but they have special nights a few days a week

dom

Jun 1, 2011
hideway is sure one of the nicesest gated community, it is in a very calm area, next to the surfing beach el encuentro, it is not a very good and safe place for swimming, but it does offer the possibility of mile long walks on the beach, without seeing many people around, the apartment buildings are old, and probaly do need some updated to bring them up to new shine, some of the units have alreayd been upgraded.

tdsub

May 15, 2006
I am an owner at Hideaway Beach. It is a great neighborhood community with condos and homes. The restaurant: Chez Arsenio is wonderful. The food is always delicious, great drinks and wine list, and the service is excellent. Dining with a small or large group, we are never rushed and the dining expereince is always superb, relaxing, and fun! Every year we vacation with 4 couples and have a great time at Hideaway. The condos are beautiful, many units have been updated. The grounds are kept imaculate. We always feel safe, the staff is friendly and welcoming. The pool is directly by the condos for ease and relaxing. The beach is perfect for long walks. Come to Hideaway to vacation or come for an evening to enjoy the Chez Arsenio's dining experience.

tartesos

Dec 7, 2011
Hideaway is one of the most beautiful places ive stayed in, it is just breath taking, the maintenance of the property is excellent, service is great! of course, someone might have a bad experience( like a prior poster), but you could have that anywhere, look at the big picture and see for yourself.
Im not a big lover of puerto plata, but this place takes it all for me.
ive had some great memories there, that could make me biased, but just look for yourself, and compare.
As soon as my residency is over, im buying there! :)