fresh fruit

penboy

Sep 4, 2011
Are there any fruit stalls in Sosua? I just need a snack during the daytime and fresh fruit usually hits the spot with me when I am on holiday in a hot climate.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
There are usually a couple of guys with carts walking around town with fruit. There is also a small fruit/veggie stand next to (actually a few stores down from) Super Super liquors.

Bob K

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
fruit here isnt really a snack, you need to go weight training if you are going to buy a couple of things

there is often a truck parked across from the garage on the main highway, or failing that by the side of the road on the left just before charamicos

the ones with the cart will chop up what you fancy

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
There is a fruit/veg market near the Super Super, same side of the road, next to a fried chix place call Ricky's or something like that. They've put in a fresh juice and coffee bar. They also offer a fruit plate. The juices are soooo good; fresh and ice cold! Great fruit and produce there also, very fair prices too.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Corey,

that is the one I was talking about. We get our weekly fruits and veggies there.

Bob K

penboy

Sep 4, 2011
you mean like the fruit puncha? reddish in colour. The hotel has fruit at breakfast, so I have it sometimes.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Look for the guy with the fruit cart on Pedro Clisante....he strolls up and down throughout the afternoon. He makes an awesome mixed fruit plate for 50 pesos...it's fresh, huge, and delicious!

Also, the guy with the Lambi Vinagrette...excellent as well..if you like that (it's sort of like ceviche'). Sometimes there's someone with fresh made Plantain chips too...for 10 pesos a bag I think...pretty tasty....

I don't hang out in Sosua all that much anymore, but when I do, I always look for these folks...

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Look for the guy with the fruit cart on Pedro Clisante....he strolls up and down throughout the afternoon. He makes an awesome mixed fruit plate for 50 pesos...it's fresh, huge, and delicious!

Also, the guy with the Lambi Vinagrette...excellent as well..if you like that (it's sort of like ceviche'). Sometimes there's someone with fresh made Plantain chips too...for 10 pesos a bag I think...pretty tasty....

I don't hang out in Sosua all that much anymore, but when I do, I always look for these folks...

And the guy with the 'Cocos rojo' - deliciosos