Apartment/hotel in Juan Dolio

surferboy

Jul 24, 2009
what are the recommended apartments/hotels in juan dolio (1 week stay early dec)?
is juan dolio as overrun by working girls/slightly seedy as boca chica?

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
I only stayed in one hotel Plaza Real in new Juan Dolio. This hotel is not on the beach. During my stay there I found it clean, comfortable and cheap. No, Juan Dolio is not anything like Boca Chica as far as girls/vendors. You can actually lie on the beach in Juan Dolio quiet and unmolested for the day. It was me searching for a quiet beach on the south shore that led me east from Boca to find JD. The straw that broke the camels back is when a vendor on Boca Chica Playa actually woke me up to pitch jewlery/CDs or some other junk while I was in a deep happy dreamstate. I was desperate for relaxation and that really ****ed me off. The only time I want to be awakened is to be warned I am heading in lobster boy sunburn zone.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Boca Chico should be taken from the map, I've never met anyone (not trying to save face for living in a sh1t hole) who lives in the country who has a good thing to say about the place, it is horrible. The only people that like Boca Chica are really only those who never visit anywhere else.
JD is much more chilled out although can be a bit mad on the odd national holiday.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
there are some like me that like boca chica. of course i dont do the normal touristy things like hang out on calle duarte at night chasing chicas. i usually spend time in the other small towns along the coast by day and maybe into SD for nightlife. boca chica is a good home base for other adventures.