Dominican Death Tax Property and Certificates

LA Chica

Oct 18, 2011
If my Mother has always held the full title to her property/home and it was never in my Fathers name must it be included in the death declaration? Or is it considered community property? Also, if she is listed as an and/or on bank certificates does she keep her full 50% and 25% of my Father's share with the remaining 25% going to heirs? Or does she keep her 50% with the heirs splitting the 50% that was my Father's?

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
If my Mother has always held the full title to her property/home and it was never in my Fathers name must it be included in the death declaration? Or is it considered community property? [Also, if she is listed as an and/or on bank certificates does she keep her full 50% and 25% of my Father's share with the remaining 25% going to heirs? Or does she keep her 50% with the heirs splitting the 50% that was my Father's?

Were your parents married under community property? If they were, it's irrelevant what name shows up in the Certificate of Title. The property belongs to the community.

The last option is correct: 50% goes to the heirs.