Permaculture Design Course on the North Coast

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
'Permaculture is an approach to designing human settlements and agricultural systems that is modeled on the relationships found in nature. It is based on the ecology of how things interrelate rather than on the strictly biological concerns that form the foundation of modern agriculture. Permaculture aims to create stable, productive systems that provide for human needs; it's a system of design where each element supports and feeds other elements, ultimately aiming at systems that are virtually self-sustaining and into which humans fit as an integral part.'

A group of us are planning on hosting a 72 hour Permaculture Design Course with certification in Los Brazos . Tentative dates are the first two weeks of December.

Details to come - but anyone who has interest in joining us, pm me!

Taylor

Jan 28, 2005
The course is confirmed.

It will be run by Mr. Richard Perkins and it will be a UK certified course, run from December 3-16, including a 2 day Non Violent Communication course.

The course is being subsidized and is 1/2 the cost of a normal course.

Pm me for details!

Taylor

Jan 28, 2005
We are hosting a second course this December, but this time it will be an 8 day intense introduction to permaculture, followed by a two week implementation phase for some great hands on experience. This time TreeYo Permaculture is our guest instructor.

Again the course is being subsidized and is a great opportunity to learn from a highly knowledgeable team.

Anyone interested in permaculture and sustainability is welcome to attend.

PM me for details!

Taylor

Jan 28, 2005
Permacuture Design Certification

Building on the success of the previous courses Taino Farms in Los Brazos is hosting a 3rd Permaculture course.

This time it is a 17 day fully certified Permaculture Design Certification course, taught by Doug Crouch and his team from Treeyo Permaculture, and resident gardener and soil biologist, Tara O?Brien.

We will also host a 2 month internship with an enphasis on Aquaculture and aquapoincs -

This is a great way for anyone interested to submerse themselves in sustainable agriculture in a fun environment.

There is a discount for locals as well -

PM me for more information!

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
The course is confirmed.

It will be run by Mr. Richard Perkins and it will be a UK certified course, run from December 3-16, including a 2 day Non Violent Communication course.

The course is being subsidized and is 1/2 the cost of a normal course.

Pm me for details!

"Non Violent Communication course" That's all I needed to hear. I guess you are aligned with the "occupy" movement.

Taylor

Jan 28, 2005
Actually the occupy people have an agenda, where as permaculture advocates that the best way to protest is to be become less of a part of the system

The non violent is more a bar setting so that people communicate on an acceptable level - often needed for these types of courses as they draw from two crowds, the enviromenalist and the survivalists -

But thanks for your valuable input!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I wish I had to the time. It's a very interesting subject and the way my parents lived for 40 years. To have a symbiotic relationship with your land is wonderful.

May 29, 2006
Are there any Tilapia farms in the DR? I know Tilapia were introduced into some of the river systems.

Saw this TED Talk on a aquaculture fish farm in Spain. Pretty impressive.

Dan Barber: How I fell in love with a fish. [VIDEO]

Used to live near a Tilapia/Basil farm in Massachusetts. Basil on hydroponic rafts and the fish grazed on the roots and added Nitrogen to the system.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I visited a tilapia farming project in the Laguna de Cabral in the SW.

Some friends in Spain are promoting permaculture, here is their bilingual blog: casagaia.co.uk