Cheap hotel near PUJ?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel/motel/cabana near Punta Cana airport?

Feb 7, 2007
You want a cabana/motel near PUJ airport? I am sure there are some cheap hotels in Veron, like 300 or 400 pesos a night. 600 or more and you might even get you an A/C. There is also this hotel/cabana that looks like castle, it is a cabana and it is close to Supermercado Bravo and it's on the new highway (Boulevard del Este). It says US$18 per night
El Castillo Real Punta Cana | Punta Cana budget hotels | punta cana tv ... quite nice looking cabana - direct page here: apartahotel castillo real
also other properties are listed here: Punta Cana cheap Hotels | Punta Cana budget hotels | punta cana tv

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
A friend of mine is opening up a hostal in Pueblo Bavaro, just 10 minutes away from the airport. Here's the link to his website Hostal Manaca Bed & Breakfast . So now we'll have another relatively inexpensive option close-by...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I believe it's US$75/night including breakfast. I visited it last Friday and it's a very nice, modern-style house with 3 bedrooms and an apartment that they're finishing up. There's a very nice pool in the back that I would have jumped into if I hadn't needed to get back to work afterwards lol . A good option for someone that's looking for a nice private, clean, welcoming place to stay at.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I did say "relatively". For people that don't want to stay in a caba?a or similar, this is a good option.

Feb 7, 2007
At those rates it's more expensive than El Cortecito, and more expensive than other similar (non-caba?a/motel) properties in the PUJ area.

Cappucino Mare - US$35-50 w/breakfast
AptaHotel Rariocala - US$40
Browman Hotel US$60 w/breakfast
Catacoa - US$30
Las Piedras Guesthouse - US$35-50 w/breakfast
Naragua - US$40

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's nearer the airport than all of the above. Do they include airport collection/drop off in their rates? If so, it's worth it.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
It's nearer the airport than all of the above. Do they include airport collection/drop off in their rates? If so, it's worth it.

I'm sure something can be negotiated with the administrator as he also owns a local DMC with his own units...

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Thanks for all the replies. It would be handy for a cheap convenient hotel to use when we fly our little plane down to PUJ. We are doing more and more of these flights from POP to PUJ, but it would be nice to find a place to crash (not literally!) if we are delayed by weather or nightfall.