PLEASE HELP: Searching for Mother in DR

Abreum1225

Oct 21, 2011
Hello,
My name is Miguelina. I am in the process of trying to find my mother whom I've never met before. She lives in Dominican Republic and her name is Carmen Manzanillo. I only know her name and know that she was about 15 when she had me(that was 26 years ago) and that I was born in a hospital called Altagracia, well at least I think i was. I also think she had or has a sister named Lina and her father i think was some kind of lawyer/judge in Santo Domingo. Any information on how to maybe go about finding her will be great. Thanks.

TStroman3

Sep 11, 2011
Best of luck to you- it can be a very difficult journey withmany emotional ups and downs but also very rewarding!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The main public maternity hospital is called "La Altagracia" in Santo Domingo. You would need to hire someone to go through their records and see if a Carmen Manzanillo had a child there 26 years ago. Might work.

HB

Feb 7, 2007
There is also a public hospital/maternity ward called "La Altagracia" in Higuey. You must first determine with certainty in what city you were born. Then you can start from there.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Might also want to try Facebook once you've gotten more of the details. Many, many Dominicans are on Facebook and someone of your generation may recognize the name.

Good luck to you.

Abreum1225

Oct 21, 2011
Thank u guys for the feedback. I have also tried Facebook and contacted basically all the people i could with that last name in DR but no luck.