My trip in Sosua

Chuck Riley.

Oct 23, 2011
hi guys

i did post a thread about the amenities in Sosua last summer and thanks to all of you who gave me some great advice.

Well I had a bunch a problems loggin in again, mighta got my loggin wrong maybe. Hell i had the best time down there i did. I brought my own tabaysco sauce and i made sure i had stuff i love the most back home in texas and not to expect my home country stuff as its not the states after all.

well the heat was absolutely fine, try El Paso in August for heat lol, it was not so bad, i could deal with it, plus the air con was sufficient in my hotel, plus their was a nice pool. I stayed in the new garden hotel. its real close to the main strop where the action is. I wont lie tho i think the new garden air con could be better, after a 5am workout in the room it sure gets real hot.

If you guys rememeber my original post you would remember i love my food. well guys sosua is just as good almsot as the states for real good food. i ate out at El toro steak joint, baileys, also i found some local places that i forget but hell they done me real good. The locals are real nice, some speak english and some dont i spent many a night doing sign language with ladies and it sure was funny and challenging.

There aint a whole bunch to do in sosua during the day but at night in caberete there is a whole lot of young european girls just dancing and drinking. i usually had a local girl keeping me company but i still admired the talent.. it was nice. some crazy stuff goes down.

i got drunk a few times and hell i spent a bunch. cant wait to return.

Chuck

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Is everything really bigger in Texas??? (wink, wink)

Just kidding, glad you had a great time.

SHALENA

Chuck Riley.

Oct 23, 2011
Us Texans tend to like our space and things do tend to get bigger lol

Thank you for your nice words Shalena

Last edited:

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
If the above is correct, then it appears that even the story tellers from Texas tell big stories .........................

Chuck Riley.

Oct 23, 2011
Dear chuckie el toro steak joint has been closed for two years, when was this trip

Infact on my flight from Miami to puerto plata I had the pleasure of sharing compny with a great gent called mike who told me about his favourite steak house called el toro. he told me it was on pedro clisante. the only steak place i could find on pedro clisante was a little place it was white on the outside and is small. its almost like a little house. i had real nice rib eye fries and salad and presidente for about 750 pesos i think. i assumed it was el toro.

have a nice day all

chuck

Mar 2, 2008
Sounds like La Costera. A wonderful little restaurant, with some very good cuts of beef. I had stuffed Mero there last night, and it was great.

Charliesmission

Jul 8, 2011
www.c-c-c.ws
I've been in Sosua for nine months, and I cannot find any natural (unprocessed) peanut butter. I know it's manufactured in the DR, because Producto Sosua carried it five years ago. When you look at it, you will see the oil on the top, and it needs to be refrigerated after it's opened. This is very healthy. The hydrogenated peanut butter with additives is not healthy.

Chuck Riley.

Oct 23, 2011
I've been in Sosua for nine months, and I cannot find any natural (unprocessed) peanut butter. I know it's manufactured in the DR, because Producto Sosua carried it five years ago. When you look at it, you will see the oil on the top, and it needs to be refrigerated after it's opened. This is very healthy. The hydrogenated peanut butter with additives is not healthy.

Hi there partner.

Can I ask how this is in the thread? I love peanut butter are you some sort of psychic??

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Infact on my flight from Miami to puerto plata I had the pleasure of sharing compny with a great gent called mike who told me about his favourite steak house called el toro. he told me it was on pedro clisante. l

chuck

Did he ask you to help him smuggle lemons?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
he must have been well pickled if hes been visiting el toro and thinking the service was a bit slow lol