Very funny - Plane stolen in RD

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
The plane belongs to Grupo Punta Cana. Not sure Don Frank's too happy about that this morning :S

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
One just doesn't casually steal a twin turboprop. That is some serious equipment. It's a short list of those who can fly one...

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Maybe some pilot is AWOL from roll call this morning!!! If a terrorist could fly a Jetliner into a building after a few flight hours or so in a Florida flight school, so too can a drug-runner in need of a quick replacement illegally fly a less complicated aircraft like the Beech KingAir! The list isn't THAT SHORT!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Maybe some pilot is AWOL from roll call this morning!!! If a terrorist could fly a Jetliner into a building after a few flight hours or so in a Florida flight school, so too can a drug-runner in need of a quick replacement illegally fly a less complicated aircraft like the Beech KingAir! The list isn't THAT SHORT!

LOL hahahaha, good one.
now the dr1 pilots will argue the 767 glass cockpit is way easier to fly than a twin prop. Maybe they are right as the terrorist were able to fly the 767's straight to targets on 1st attempt after taking some simulator training. hahaha. Now it seems the turbo prop is a completely different case all together. I want to see their argument on this one.
AZB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha ha, this story made my day.

and i would not bother to look for the missing pilots. this plane was stolen and will be at service of drug lords, they have their own pilots, thank you very much.

Feb 7, 2007
Most likely it will be used for the Next Day Air service from DrugExpress Colombia S.A on its regular twice-a-week route Sierras de Colombia to Pedernales.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
You reckon this plane is still in the country? I'm trying to figure out how they can arrive in another county without being picked up. Surely flying under the radar around the Caribbean is dangerous as you could be mistaken for a drug runner. But then where on earth do you sell an airplane, Listin Diario in not an option.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
listen, dude, it's drugs. you'd have to be a fool to believe that governments, the police, the military and all the other services are not involved.
the plane? what plane? we saw no plane here. and case closed.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You reckon this plane is still in the country? I'm trying to figure out how they can arrive in another county without being picked up. Surely flying under the radar around the Caribbean is dangerous as you could be mistaken for a drug runner. But then where on earth do you sell an airplane, Listin Diario in not an option.

the plane will not be sold. Most likely it has landed in the coast of cartagena, in a landing strip in the jungles. The landing strip is usually made by drug lords and covered with branches and bush so it will not be detected by military helicopters. The plane flies low to evade radar. it lands and drug is quickly loaded, fuel is filled and the plane takes off again. It will pass through DR again, probably with the knowledge of authorities (some general). The plane maybe used for a few runs and then abandoned some where. if the plane is forced to land or shot down, then at least it will not cost drug dealers 2.5 million in addition to the drug payload.
AZB

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
It's actually a Beechcraft Kingair 200. I thought I'd look up it's N number because I've never heard of a Viscraft! Here's the details of it N871C Aircraft Registration | FlightAware

It's a turboprop, meaning you would have to refuel it with JetA1, not regular gasoline. But with full tanks it has a range of nearly 2000 nautical miles. It's probably somewhere in south America and has probably been already painted with the same paint scheme and registration as another legal Kingair 200 belonging to a drug lord.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The plane doesn't belong to GPC but the owner, an American, was using their hangar.

May 5, 2007
LOL hahahaha, good one.
now the dr1 pilots will argue the 767 glass cockpit is way easier to fly than a twin prop. Maybe they are right as the terrorist were able to fly the 767's straight to targets on 1st attempt after taking some simulator training. hahaha. Now it seems the turbo prop is a completely different case all together. I want to see their argument on this one.
AZB

It is much easier to program a destination into the flight Director of an airborne 767 than to start and take off in a King Air

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The plane is registered to the Air Port at Punta Cana...headquartered in Wilmington, DE....JIC,,,,it was Frank's....If you look up the tail number, it is all there...

And somewhere in Colombia or Venezuela, there are a couple of pilots congratulating themselves on this heist...2.5 million! Wow...and it will carry up to 19,999 lbs!

HB