Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Atlantic Highway to Open Tommorrow

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Atlantic Highway to Open Tommorrow

Hi:

The section of highway from El Catey to Las Terrenas will be opened tomorrow by El Presidente himself. The toll booths are up however at this time they are not collecting any tolls. We will see what happens in the future. They have put a lot of money into the construction of the booths and admin bld. For the life of me I don't understand why they didn't put the toll booths on the new section just past the El Catey entrance. Yes the would not have collected as much money but there would probably be no controversy. Anyway, it will be about 15 minutes from LT to El Catey. Yaaaa HOOOO.

S

2. Likes Africaida, Squat liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news !!!!

Thank you LT

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW! At last...we'll get to drive it on Monday. See you on the beach Steve! It will seem strange, we've been driving that mountain road since it was a path back in 1982. I remember kids with shovels standing by the side waiting for a few pesos to fill in the potholes. I'm sure they unfilled them as soon as we were out of sight. Last year we saw a couple of kids doing the same thing, haven't seen that for years...a great tradition. More jobs lost.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Nickie reopens her Canadian bar El Pub on the new highway tomorrow in celebration of all the new pavement and pretty painted stripes and new reflectors. drop in and say hi. maybe the pres will be there too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats really great news!
    One question: will the people who have a house in coson be required to pay the toll every time the go to LT and back?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no toll between Coson and LT. The toll booth is on the far side of El Catey from coson so no toll to the airport either. One only pays the toll if you leave Samana for Santo Domingo or Nagua

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The last section of the new road from Coson to LT was just paved over the weekend. It is nice and wide and smooth.

S

9. Likes KateP liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told that there will be portable,or mobile toll booth just for the new road,till the elctions and then they want to open the big toll booth,they don´t want trouble before the elections.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

That makes sense -- we'll see

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit confused, will this road save time if you are coming from Puerto Plata going to Las Terrenas and vice versa?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast