Your recommendations for the best RE agent on the North Coast

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
We are looking to sell our condo in Cabarete and would like your recommendations for a good Real Estate agent. We know we can/need to list with many agents as there is no MLS in DR.

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
You can try William Oosterman in Cabarete, he owns Casa Blanca hotel on the east side of Janet's Mercado.

Tonydomrep

Feb 22, 2009
Best thing is to look for a local good office. Its dangerous to put a property in many offices. Problem is that after a while the property starts to live its own life. And price will go down.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
You can try William Oosterman in Cabarete, he owns Casa Blanca hotel on the east side of Janet's Mercado.

Oh wow! Is William any relation to Lynn Oosterman that was in R.E. on the north coast years ago? We worked with her, liked her and bought. She moved to Florida to put her daughter in school the last time I heard. It would be nice to say "hi".

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Oh wow! Is William any relation to Lynn Oosterman that was in R.E. on the north coast years ago? We worked with her, liked her and bought. She moved to Florida to put her daughter in school the last time I heard. It would be nice to say "hi".

You have to be kidding me..this is someone to AVOID.

Just GOOGLE this person please.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003

I asked a simple question. Is William related to Lynn? I have no idea who William is or his background nor do I care other then if he is related to an old friend that I might wish to know about.

As for saying anything about anyone other then I liked Lynn and did business with her... WHAT are YOU saying?

I ask a very simple question but about 95% of the people on D.R.1 can not read, are bi-polar or are HADD but don't think they need their meds.

Do you have an answer or not?

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
I asked a simple question. Is William related to Lynn? I have no idea who William is or his background nor do I care other then if he is related to an old friend that I might wish to know about.

As for saying anything about anyone other then I liked Lynn and did business with her... WHAT are YOU saying?

I ask a very simple question but about 95% of the people on D.R.1 can not read, are bi-polar or are HADD but don't think they need their meds.

Do you have an answer or not?

Ringo, I was being discreet because the person in question has threatened legal action for posts made about him on DR1. In short, he is Canadian, has engaged in questionable business activities according to the linked thread and is also a pastor who supposedly has connections to Westboro Baptist Church - the fundamentalist group in the US that pickets funerals of servicemen killed in action.

Somehow, I don't think that there is a relationship if you liked the R.E. agent you call Lynn.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
I Googled as you suggested but have no idea what you want me to see? What exactly am I suppost to Google?

I think William is/was a pastor of some sort. I would Google something like "Pastor William Oosterman" or something. I think his email is cabaretewilliam@xxx.com if that helps. I am pretty sure he is not related to Lynne.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck on your search for a reputable real estate agent.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
think the posts were directed at the person recommending the said man, not at your question ringo

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
Ringo, I was being discreet because the person in question has threatened legal action for posts made about him on DR1. In short, he is Canadian, has engaged in questionable business activities according to the linked thread and is also a pastor who supposedly has connections to Westboro Baptist Church - the fundamentalist group in the US that pickets funerals of servicemen killed in action.

Somehow, I don't think that there is a relationship if you liked the R.E. agent you call Lynn.

To be fair, I don't believe he has any connection to that Westboro though.

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
To be fair, I don't believe he has any connection to that Westboro though.

I think that you are correct. It was past the ten minute limit for editing when I realized that, however. My apologies to all.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
I can see why you would be confused though. His former church back in Canada was also called Westboro, and he has some pretty strong feelings about gay people too. He even testified before the Canadian government that being gay (and gay people getting married) was an abomination, and would lead to Canada to collapse or some darn thing.

I believe his testimony is out there on the web someplace (again, Google is a good source), for those that are interested. I don?t believe his tactics were as severe as Fred Phelps (the ?God hates f@gs? guy) though.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
I don't know if Lynn is related to William or not, but she used to work for West Indies Real Estate, which is still going strong after 25 years. We would be happy to help if you contact us: info@westindies-realestate.com. We are located in Sosua. I think Lynn still comes down here. You can look her up on Facebook if you use it.

We don't put prices down unless the seller asks us to!

LILAC

Nov 21, 2010
I have friends who bought a condo near Cabarete using Remax...it was a husband and wife team of realtors (wife named Sally I think) and they were very happy with their service. As to William Oosterman, I can state from personal experience that he is not honest in his business practices.

james

Jan 14, 2002
WIlliam OOSTERMAN and Lynn OSTERMAN are not rlated. Note the spelling difference in the names...also I know Lynn personally.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Ok going back to what this thread is about. I have dealt with Bob and Pat Konisberg from Coral Bay Real Estate in Sosua on a few transactions and they were very professional, prompt and courteous. I have also recommended them to a few friends and they have gotten the same service. I have also heard very good things about Keith Watson from Watson Homes in Sosua. I have not dealt with him directly, but I know people who have and were very happy with him and his staff.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I know the real-estate agent William Oosterman quite well; he frequently comes and sits at the bar where i work. We've had many, many discussions about life and various topics. I can tell you quite unequivically that i like William Oosterman as a person, but his religious opinions about homosexuality, religion, and life place him in the lunatic fringe so far right that it borders on lunacy and fanaticism. he interprets the Bible "literally," and every word in the bible as god's own word. For him, there's no such thing as metaphors in the bible. The Bible is god's word, Period! William claims to have spoken to God personally (I've got the email). He's so far right that he's no longer in this universe or galaxy. Still, i like talking to him...makes the time go by faster.

Again, i like William Oosterman; but honestly, i'll talk to anyone who comes and sits at the bar, but i've never met a person in my entire life that took a "literal" translation/interpretation of every single word in the bible and then used it to explain everything from a carrot cake to sexual intercourse. It can be quite funny and entertaining to talk to him: he is animated, eccentric, heavily opinionated, rogue, facinating, scary, frightening in his beliefs, and an absurd character... he reminds me of a character in the Twilight Zone episode "Four O'Clock" (1961), and yet, we'll probably sit at the bar tonight and argue about whether or not God made the Presidente Beer that he's drinking.

Frank
Life is crazy.