I need hel!. I want to open a hooters type plaice/nightclub

NYKNICKS

Oct 27, 2011
I' am a young American entrepreneur and I want to start a new nightclub business in the capital, i want to start off by doing research and network with business people out there. I have two business partners and we want this to be a high end hooters type plaice/nightclub to my knowledge there are not that many places like this that has a classy appeal and affordable to people, i want to know if this is a good idea? . I want to find out anything I need to know about opening a new business in the Dominican Republic also anyone that I might need to speak to find out more information, Can you guys please help me out. Thank you

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Have you ever been here? We have 6-7 places you describe in Santo Domingo. They open and close all the time.

If you are asking these types of questions, I'm guessing you have NEVER done business here and don't have any idea how VERY different it is.

My advice, come here, study the market, get to know who's who and how things "actually" work here.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Why not pop down to Hooters and see how they do it. Hooters Dominican Republic - Photos | Facebook

If you want a slightly different approach then try one of the many other copy cat bars that are around the cap.

"La Base", "Eagle Sport Bar", etc.

For every "novel" business idea a newcomer to the Capital brings with them there are several (hundred) who have already tried it. A startup has a lot lower chance of survival than the extension into the market of a business which is already thriving elsewhere in the region. When Santo Domingo "Hooters" opened up there were lines of people trying to get in due to the anticipation of its opening. If they'd opened the same restaurant under a name which nobody recognized they'd have closed down by now. The food's not that good.

OP would do better with a Kentuckyfraichicken franchise.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
OP perhaps you should rethink where you want to open your business. If Santo Domingo is reeking with that type of business, then look to Santiago, or some other place. Just a thought.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Oooooooooo you are so right , so do you relley hang around those girls in the fotos ? Hook me up please please you must be so hip slick and cool can you teach me ? What are you doing to get to spend time with such nice hooters ?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Oooooooooo you are so right , so do you relley hang around those girls in the fotos ? Hook me up please please you must be so hip slick and cool can you teach me ? What are you doing to get to spend time with such nice hooters ?

Did I strike a nerve there Chef of The Future, what are you 12 year's old?

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
To the OP try this thy are going to open a movie studieo soon there well be a lot of Holleywood tipes come to it set up something to cater to them follow the money !

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
you got me boy !!!! I am 16 lol. I am not having the best of day's today. Ycycycycycycycycycycycycyc of the future no where to go but up ! Unlike all those hooters.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I have a better biz idea.. ;-)

For a quick buck, make a deal with DR Stereo speaker manufacturer.. Or import cheap speakers.

Buy a White Van, drive all day around SD, shopping mall parking lots, etc..
When you see a guy getting into his car pull up behind him and roll down your window and say,
"Hola amigos ?quieres comprar algunos de los oradores"
"Hey Buddy you want to buy some speakers"...
The guy will think the speakers are "hot" and priced below Retail and you'll sell a ton...
Nobody is doing this type of "seedy" biz in the DR... Fits right in with the corruption mentality, and you aren't doing anything illegal. I bet it would work!?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
You need hell? If you opened a plaice nightclub I should think you would get it! Sounds a bit fishy to me! ;)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have a better biz idea.. ;-)

For a quick buck, make a deal with DR Stereo speaker manufacturer.. Or import cheap speakers.

Buy a White Van, drive all day around SD, shopping mall parking lots, etc..
When you see a guy getting into his car pull up behind him and roll down your window and say,
"Hola amigos ?quieres comprar algunos de los oradores"
"Hey Buddy you want to buy some speakers"...
The guy will think the speakers are "hot" and priced below Retail and you'll sell a ton...
Nobody is doing this type of "seedy" biz in the DR... Fits right in with the corruption mentality, and you aren't doing anything illegal. I bet it would work!?

there is no such thing in the DR as a speaker manufacturer. nobody in the DR can make a speaker. what they make is a wooden crate that makes a sound. there is a difference. music reproduction in the DR is in the stone age.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
any business idea you guys can come up with, chances are, someone has tried it and failed. if you want to live here happily, bring your money from outside and then become a bored alcoholic like the rest of us .
This message has been brought to you by the "chairman of the bored".
AZB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What's The Best Way To Leave The DR With A Million Dollars

After starting a business here?????????????????????????????
Come with two million dollars!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
yes....speakers in the RD better idea. No, hooters type estab in RD...silly. You miss the point. What is needed are clubs in the US capturing the romantic and sexual humidity only found in places like the RD...or at least the perception. The US and it's approach to sexy clubs or restaurants can not hold a stick to latin america. What you propose is like putting a candy store on the Wonka front stoop.