Chef Pepper - can we have a civil discourse?

Normal

Oct 16, 2011
Seeing the last thread went south can we try again?

I've only driven past and also checked out their website. It looks too good to be true!

Has anyone been there yet? I thinking of heading over this weekend.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
It is *almost* too good to be true...

Great cuts of Imported meat...cooked to perfection (or frozen to take home)...all at reasonable prices with excellent service.

facelessdoll

Oct 20, 2011
Yep!! Very good! I've already been there and noticed they have delivery... which for people living outside the area covered by the delivery network in PuntaCana is a major plus!

Normal

Oct 16, 2011
Wow... glad to hear the great reviews. I'm amazed how much this area has changed in the last couple of years.

The marketing for Chef Pepper is mostly in English... is this becoming a trend?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
And the delivery DOES work. I've ordered twice so far and now have to control my urges so I don't simply transfer my whole salary to them...

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
Quite a good place...similar to Tony Romas in menu maybe a bit more casual
Lunch was good there they are still workin out some teething issues...but looks promising

Curios how the delivery is? can a steak or burger be delivered warm and in tack? considering its done by Dominican Moto drivers?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
just looked at the menu.... looks really good... reasonable prices, (for tourist area), some items on the menu looked pretty cheap... glass of cabernet with your steak for only 95 RD!? cheap!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Curios how the delivery is? can a steak or burger be delivered warm and in tack? considering its done by Dominican Moto drivers?

It's not that bad actually. The first day I had some chicken fingers with fries and onion rings (to DIE for) and everything was acceptably warm (not piping hot of course but good). My co-worker had a steak and it was just right. They've got about 20 motorcycles for deliveries, therefore ensuring the food doesn't drive around for 20 minutes before reaching you. Hopefully they'll keep their standards up.

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Mostly a rip - off merchant offering junk food at rip - off prices.

Bottle of wine goes for 135 pesos retail 200 % mark up plus great! Plus burning all that gas to deliver!

My opinion only!

Homemade wine is great in DR - huge variety of fruits!

pi2

Normal

Oct 16, 2011

Bottle of wine goes for 135 pesos retail 200 % mark up plus great! Plus burning all that gas to deliver!

My opinion only!

pi2

Do you have any recommendations for restaurants serving non-junk food at non-rip-off prices? Which by the way, do you consider a filet mignon junk food?

Alcoholic beverages are always marked up ridiculously at bars/restaurants... that's nothing new.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

My opinion only!

pi2

Yanadu, have you turned into a sock puppet? jejejejejeje

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004

My opinion only!

pi2

Xanadu or xanandu has been cloned.

Wine at 135 pesos(bottle) !!!!!!!!!!!! yeark, I wouldn't even use it for cooking

Last edited:

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
I ate there yesterday. I will return. Menu is large and very americanized. Prices are reasonable for the area. I think they are cheaper than Tony Romas and Hardrock. I think it will definitely give competition to Pizza Hut as Chef Pepper has a large delivery zone....