What Are You Doing For Thanksgiving??

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
If you are not American or prefer not to party with the traditional American celebration of our invasion of North America, please stop reading.

Why are you still reading?

Okay, you must be American because you are persistent enough to keep reading this nonsense.

But I pose the question with the answers to be shared with everyone.

What are you doing this Thanksgiving??

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
There are several options for Thanks giving one of which is Rocky"s Thankgiving Feast which kicks off the annual toy drive for the children which is also celebrated at New Years !

This is a long standing tradition in Sosua...FYI

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Eating some turkey drumstick and having a bit of boose with family members, here in Santiago.......what the heck......you'r all invited, just bring your own boose.:laugh::laugh:

TStroman3

Sep 11, 2011
If I were going to be inthe DR for the holiday, I would ABSOLUTELY be at Rocky's to kick off the annual Toy Drive! Hopefully, I will be there next year contributing to the amazing program. All the best!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Cocoon at home after a big tour...maybe a turkey breast, green beans and stuffing...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Don't know...might cook a bird, make an apple pie, have spinach, mashed potatoes....Yeah right HB, keep dreaming!!

Balls! I will be here working into the night. One of these days, I really will retire and there won't be enough President and Barcel? in the world!!

HB

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Don't know...might cook a bird, make an apple pie, have spinach, mashed potatoes....Yeah right HB, keep dreaming!!

Balls! I will be here working into the night. One of these days, I really will retire and there won't be enough President and Barcel? in the world!!

HB

Spinash with turkey ?????????First time I hear about it. I always have turkey with petit pois and of course mashed potatoes.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
We will be in POP at RIU.....will eat whatever is on the buffet! Hoping to get reservations at one of the restaurants though!

SHALENA

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
We will be in POP at RIU.....will eat whatever is on the buffet! Hoping to get reservations at one of the restaurants though!

SHALENA

Forget the hotel. Go to Sam's in Puerto Plata and get a nice turkey dinner. I assume they still have this on Thanksgiving.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Forget the hotel. Go to Sam's in Puerto Plata and get a nice turkey dinner. I assume they still have this on Thanksgiving.

Is this place well known? Will a taxi driver know where it is if I say "Sam's"?

SHALENA

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Shalena: Take a bus, taxi, p?blico to Sos?a!! Go to Rocky's, the food is out of sight and the group of people will keep you in stitches the rest of the winter!!! The desserts are to DIE for!!!

Nuf said! ( And nothing against Sam's)

HB

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Shalena: Take a bus, taxi, p?blico to Sos?a!! Go to Rocky's, the food is out of sight and the group of people will keep you in stitches the rest of the winter!!! The desserts are to DIE for!!!

Nuf said! ( And nothing against Sam's)

HB

I concur on this. I said Sam's because it was in PP, but Rocky's is "The Place" for Thanksgiving. If I was in town I would be there for sure.